P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

He_Ma

LOVE your tone with that thing!

How are you liking the Player series for playability? I am contemplating asking Santa for a Player Series Duo Sonic after watching Chris Buck play one but he's one of those dudes that can make anything sound good. I played a Classic Vibe Duo Sonic back when they were in production when our local Best Buy sold guitars and just loved the shorter scale and the color combo.

He can make piece of string attached between trees to sound good. He is just phenomenal. I have been doing some house repairing and cleaning couple days now and have listened those two cardinal black songs so much that my wife has had enough with those songs :D

Most churches would be better off without live mixing their streams. :dunno:rotflmao:roll

Case in point: This was recorded directly off the FOH board, with some mastering plugins on the stereo out. This was one of the last times I used two real amps (Matchless and BadCat). During line checks I played with my IEM's out and it sounded like a friggin' rock concert. After a quick rehearsal, I went out to chat with the FOH engineer to see if he needed anything from me (this was at a church called Long Hollow, that had transitioned all of it's EG's to a Kemper backline), and he goes, "No, man, your rig sounds incredible. I'm not doing anything to your signal." That felt REALLY good!
That rig of yours was absolutely monster!!

PianoMan

Silver Supporting Member
Most churches would be better off without live mixing their streams. :dunno:rotflmao:roll

Case in point: This was recorded directly off the FOH board, with some mastering plugins on the stereo out. This was one of the last times I used two real amps (Matchless and BadCat). During line checks I played with my IEM's out and it sounded like a friggin' rock concert. After a quick rehearsal, I went out to chat with the FOH engineer to see if he needed anything from me (this was at a church called Long Hollow, that had transitioned all of it's EG's to a Kemper backline), and he goes, "No, man, your rig sounds incredible. I'm not doing anything to your signal." That felt REALLY good!
Great tone, and your drummer there is a monster!

Funny story though: I was listening to that video and jumped on Instagram. One of the first things I saw was Matt Zigenis (music pastor at our sister church who I used to play with on occasion) posting about having a songwriting session with Travis and Temitope. Small world!

boyce89976

Gold Supporting Member
Great tone, and your drummer there is a monster!

Funny story though: I was listening to that video and jumped on Instagram. One of the first things I saw was Matt Zigenis (music pastor at our sister church who I used to play with on occasion) posting about having a songwriting session with Travis and Temitope. Small world!
Haha, that's so funny! Travis and Matt wrote this song together about a month ago... one of my favorites! This was our first time doing it. Didn't even have charts yet, just a rough demo. I think my favorite part is riding the edge of self-oscillation on the DMM going into the bridge... haha!

Playpunk

I messaged the head tech guy over there and just received this...

and then he wrote... “We don’t do any drum replacement. I am definitely not a fan of that. If the drum doesn’t sound good live or on a livestream, get a better drum” which, totally agree haha.
we also mix our stream in a DAW (Reaper) and use some very mild pitch correction.

yeatzee

Haha, that's so funny! Travis and Matt wrote this song together about a month ago... one of my favorites! This was our first time doing it. Didn't even have charts yet, just a rough demo. I think my favorite part is riding the edge of self-oscillation on the DMM going into the bridge... haha!

MASSIVE (and the DMM oscillation was rad)

btjguitarman

Silver Supporting Member
hey people with X32s at your churches, do any of you know the thing well enough to help me out with a setup question? I'm trying to set up a stereo bus mix as our stream audio and I think I have the routing correctly, but I'm still finding the bus faders are affecting the main fader, which obviously is not helpful for what I want to do. anyone know this thing well enough to help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

dickjonesify

Silver Supporting Member
hey people with X32s at your churches, do any of you know the thing well enough to help me out with a setup question? I'm trying to set up a stereo bus mix as our stream audio and I think I have the routing correctly, but I'm still finding the bus faders are affecting the main fader, which obviously is not helpful for what I want to do. anyone know this thing well enough to help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?
Each bus *can* be assigned to the LR master bus, like how subgroups work on an analog board. You don’t want that.

Select the Bus fader you have your stream mix on and make sure it’s not routed to LR.

dickjonesify

Silver Supporting Member
Wait, have you had this guitar already or did you do a thing?!
There’s a long story about this guitar!
Speedy version is...
  1. I bought it 8-ish years ago
  2. House was broken into and it was stolen within a month of owning it
  3. 3 years later I found it in the same shop I bought it from
  4. Sold it to my sister who lived in Alaska at the time
with lots of details in between. Pretty crazy!

She’s now in OK and visited last weekend. She brought it along and traded it with my Robin, sort of long-term but not permanently. It’s great having it back home for the time being.

Last edited:

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member
There’s a long story about this guitar!
Speedy version is...
  1. I bought it 6-ish years ago
  2. House was broken into and it was stolen within a month of owning it
  3. 3 years later I found it in the same shop I bought it from
  4. Sold it to my sister who lived in Alaska at the time
with lots of details in between. Pretty crazy!

She’s now in OK and visited last weekend. She brought it along and traded it with my Robin, sort of long-term but not permanently. It’s great having it back home for the time being.
Well awesome! Not quite as exciting as a guitar reunion, but I did this late last week:

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member
So cool! Watch their YouTube videos and don’t hesitate to ask for help. It’s basically a blank slate and up to your imagination haha.
Yep, I’ve gotten the basics figured out from one of their MC6 + HX Stomp ones and just need to spend a little more time with it to get it exactly what I want. I’d ordered the MC6 awhile back but then felt like it was overkill for me. This will be perfect.