P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member
I have spent my spare moments today trying to figure out how to get my MC3 to do what I want it to do. Still working on it so take that as you will.

playsarobin

Results. Not excuses.
Soooo much catching up to do in this thread..

summarize from my perspective.. hmm…. The OMG9 setup still slays (in a good way). The black 1 relic is still a phenomenal build I adore and play. I’m still working on recording and writing.
Oh!!! My brother and sister in law started attending our church (he’s been out for 10+ years), went through the whole on boarding and he immediately asked if he could get in the band. His first day back playing bass was my first time playing in 8 weeks. I’ve been on FOH duty and continuing to train live stream people’s. It. Was. Amazeballs. He and I hadn’t shared a stage in almost 11 years. Truly something special. He killed it too!

oh, and I did a thing, and ordered this. I don’t believe I’ll regret it.

He_Ma

well this place is exciting today....
Isn't it nice to think that people are enjoying weather and spending time outside.

I personally am on week 3 of my summer vacation from work and have been fixing small little things in our old house to make it look as good as it can without investing barely any money in it. We try to sell it and get bigger house where kids can have their own room when they get bigger. I have been absolutely exhausted for a week and now hopefully everything starts to be ready and I can chill little bit.

I've also been trying to trade my BilT locally and have got some nice trades being talked that never actually went through. The most interesting one to me was custom shop ES-330. The irony in that special one was that the guy who owned the ES-330 traded it for somebody else with Fano GF-6 (that was my #1 for years before I got my Novo and I traded it for this BilT).

I maybe try trades for couple weeks and if it doesn't happen I may actually get to just switching the pickups for it like I thought of doing long time ago.

macruz94

Silver Supporting Member
Isn't it nice to think that people are enjoying weather and spending time outside.

I personally am on week 3 of my summer vacation from work and have been fixing small little things in our old house to make it look as good as it can without investing barely any money in it. We try to sell it and get bigger house where kids can have their own room when they get bigger. I have been absolutely exhausted for a week and now hopefully everything starts to be ready and I can chill little bit.

I've also been trying to trade my BilT locally and have got some nice trades being talked that never actually went through. The most interesting one to me was custom shop ES-330. The irony in that special one was that the guy who owned the ES-330 traded it for somebody else with Fano GF-6 (that was my #1 for years before I got my Novo and I traded it for this BilT).

I maybe try trades for couple weeks and if it doesn't happen I may actually get to just switching the pickups for it like I thought of doing long time ago.
I’ve always wanted to try a BiLT. The ones with the chase bliss pedals built in would be cool!

Also week 3!? How many weeks of vacation do you get?? Mine accumulate by hours every pay period, and while working from home the last year they’ve stacked up to maybe 2 weeks. 3 straight weeks off sounds amazing and almost impossible! Hopefully you have some time left to enjoy it!

dmutter

All I know is I spent a year in Australia and the people around me at least seemed to have it right. 6 weeks vacay, 6 months long service leave after (15??) years of full time employment, and most people didn't work evenings so it seemed very common to spend time with family and friends in the evenings. We North Americans don't do a great job at rest. If I hadn't fallen in love (with my now wife) before going to Australia, I may never have come back.

tuckman-lp100

I work for a university and currently get 12 hours a month paid time off that builds up and love it after working for a small company where after 15 years working there you could get 3 weeks paid time off. Also i get about two paid weeks off around christmas/new years every year.

He_Ma

I’ve always wanted to try a BiLT. The ones with the chase bliss pedals built in would be cool!

Also week 3!? How many weeks of vacation do you get?? Mine accumulate by hours every pay period, and while working from home the last year they’ve stacked up to maybe 2 weeks. 3 straight weeks off sounds amazing and almost impossible! Hopefully you have some time left to enjoy it!
In most jobs (in Finland) you get 5 weeks of vacation and 4 of those are usually on summer and one on the winter. This is first time I've ever held 4 weeks all in one vacation though.

BilTs are seriously good guitars and I love that they offer plenty of options in all of their models. That statement is based on the one I own which is the only BilT I have ever seen and played.

Much of that life in work/life balance goes to 40%+ income tax... ;)
Finland has progressive taxes yes, but there aren't many jobs that get you to 40%. Salaries are in general higher in the States for sure, but then we have basically free education and health care. I don't want to get political and think that which system is better because clearly both systems have their pros and cons. That being said with our second childs medical history and amount of surgeries, I pay happily my taxes until I die.

And to the end my small try to have this post have some gear related content. This Chris Buck fanboy will order Mythos Golden fleece fuzz in few hours once my friend replies if he wants something and we can split the shipping costs.

JCW308

Silver Supporting Member
I just switched my rig over from a Fractal AX8 to a Fractal FM3. Really glad I did and I actually can get to more scenes plus tuner and tap tempo (easily) with the just three foot switches. I set my Fractal expression pedal to tuner with heel down, too. Awesome setup and the sound guys were saying it was the best guitar sound I ever had last week.

dmutter

I just switched my rig over from a Fractal AX8 to a Fractal FM3. Really glad I did and I actually can get to more scenes plus tuner and tap tempo (easily) with the just three foot switches. I set my Fractal expression pedal to tuner with heel down, too. Awesome setup and the sound guys were saying it was the best guitar sound I ever had last week.
Your posts about the FM3 have been giving me GAS. Sounds like it's really working great for you. Makes me wonder...

...I think the lockdown that's lifting tomorrow will be a good cure to my gas as I'll actually be able to get out and play again (already lined up to play twice on Sunday). When I'm not playing much, I always end up wanting to buy gear.

JCW308

Silver Supporting Member
Your posts about the FM3 have been giving me GAS. Sounds like it's really working great for you. Makes me wonder...

...I think the lockdown that's lifting tomorrow will be a good cure to my gas as I'll actually be able to get out and play again (already lined up to play twice on Sunday). When I'm not playing much, I always end up wanting to buy gear.
Go for it, you won't regret it! Fractal's switching is so so good. Plus you can name scenes now (AX8 that was not possible). We've been fully open for over a year now with no masks. In-person attendance in the hundreds. No issues and playing live for the past year has been such a great escape.

yeatzee

Bummer the 330 didn't work out!

boyce89976

Gold Supporting Member
All I know is I spent a year in Australia and the people around me at least seemed to have it right. 6 weeks vacay, 6 months long service leave after (15??) years of full time employment, and most people didn't work evenings so it seemed very common to spend time with family and friends in the evenings. We North Americans don't do a great job at rest. If I hadn't fallen in love (with my now wife) before going to Australia, I may never have come back.
Totally agree with this, we do suck at rest. It's a product of our system... constant improvement or you'll be left behind.

Isn't Australia super expensive though?