P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

yeatzee

Isn't it nice to think that people are enjoying weather and spending time outside.

I personally am on week 3 of my summer vacation from work and have been fixing small little things in our old house to make it look as good as it can without investing barely any money in it. We try to sell it and get bigger house where kids can have their own room when they get bigger. I have been absolutely exhausted for a week and now hopefully everything starts to be ready and I can chill little bit.

I've also been trying to trade my BilT locally and have got some nice trades being talked that never actually went through. The most interesting one to me was custom shop ES-330. The irony in that special one was that the guy who owned the ES-330 traded it for somebody else with Fano GF-6 (that was my #1 for years before I got my Novo and I traded it for this BilT).

I maybe try trades for couple weeks and if it doesn't happen I may actually get to just switching the pickups for it like I thought of doing long time ago.
Bummer the 330 didn't work out!

boyce89976

Gold Supporting Member
All I know is I spent a year in Australia and the people around me at least seemed to have it right. 6 weeks vacay, 6 months long service leave after (15??) years of full time employment, and most people didn't work evenings so it seemed very common to spend time with family and friends in the evenings. We North Americans don't do a great job at rest. If I hadn't fallen in love (with my now wife) before going to Australia, I may never have come back.
Totally agree with this, we do suck at rest. It's a product of our system... constant improvement or you'll be left behind.

Isn't Australia super expensive though?

PianoMan

Silver Supporting Member
Getting away from the borderline thread lock talk - anyone experimented with any good P&W settings for the new(ish) Dynamic Hall reverb on Stomp / Helix?
I did a while ago! I found a setting that is VERY close to my primary Hall preset on my BigSky. Settings as follows:

Decay - 6 seconds
Predelay - 0-50ms
Room Size - 30m
Diffusion - 70%
Damping - 6kHz
Motion - 4
Low Cut - 250Hz
High Cut - 12kHz

flatulentmatt

Silver Supporting Member
I did a while ago! I found a setting that is VERY close to my primary Hall preset on my BigSky. Settings as follows:

Decay - 6 seconds
Predelay - 0-50ms
Room Size - 30m
Diffusion - 70%
Damping - 6kHz
Motion - 4
Low Cut - 250Hz
High Cut - 12kHz
Nice! I'd love to have a play. I just worked out the DSP though and I think I'll be really pushing it. Glitz is a bit more dsp friendly, but I definitely prefer the sound of the Dynamic Hall.

tuckman-lp100

Well here it is and i’m pretty happy so far!! The board, power supply, and a few cables came in sunday while at church then the rest came in the following day. Really only my second attempt at cable management so i’d love some feedback if any of y’all have any. The stomp is really great. So flexible and a lot of possibilities, glad i switched to it.
Already kinda started thinking of some pedals i’d like to add/change out so thats fun….

thebeebs

Decay - 6 seconds
Predelay - 0-50ms
Room Size - 30m
Diffusion - 70%
Damping - 6kHz
Motion - 4
Low Cut - 250Hz
High Cut - 12kHz
Do you run your reverb at the end of your chain or?

JCW308

Silver Supporting Member
Some more info on the FM3 expression pedal "heel down" setup:

If you want the heel down expression setup to NOT cut off your delay and reverb trails, use these two settings together....

1- make sure the expression pedal is set to control the INPUT level, not OUTPUT
2- in the tuner settings, set the Tuner Mute setting to INPUT

These two settings will ensure you don't have sharp cut-offs when your expression pedal heel is down.

dickjonesify

Silver Supporting Member
Me: I think I'll start recording some covers for YT.
**See that @dickjonesify is just ripping Cliffs of Dover on his IG story **

Me: Yeah never mind....

Dude that SG rips! :drool
Thanks man hahaha. Don’t worry, there’s a LOT of that song I can’t play at all.
I can play the whole intro note for note! ……at about 60% speed tops.

Edit: what’s your IG handle?

Last edited:

btjguitarman

Silver Supporting Member
I played my real amp last night while practicing outside at a friend's house for this Sunday's service. Dang, it's so good! The Iridium is good and makes so much sense for many of the settings I've been playing in, but it's certainly no match for the Matchless!

I feel you man. The iridium has been getting the church work this spring but it can’t dethrone the pt15