• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

fusionbear

exquirentibus veritatem
Platinum Supporting Member
I just got one in the mail and just from playing around with it it seems really hit or miss. Either too heavy or too buzzy. Maybe I just havnt found the right use for it yet.
It really likes Fender type amps. Doesn't match up with Marshall type front ends. Keep the tone control low, volume about noon, gain from 9 to 1 O'Clock max.

nic

I only use that when using it in front of a Fender or similar type amp. It really does have the bounce of the amp it is designed after. Here is what it sounds like:
That’s the clip that sold me on it. Got any sound clips running through the PT15? Or do you. It use it with that amp?

fusionbear

exquirentibus veritatem
That’s the clip that sold me on it. Got any sound clips running through the PT15? Or do you. It use it with that amp?
I don't use it with the PT. I use the pedalboard in the loop of the PT and use all the other pedals minus the XTC. The OD of the PT is stellar. I set the blue for light crunch and the red for lead tones.

Reactions: nic

yeatzee

Played the first full Sunday service at the new church. Went ok overall, brought the Kemper which did just make things easier. That popping double barrel is really bad, I'm just going to send it to JHS to fix which hopefully shouldn't take too long or cost too much. This weekend also marked the second time I've only relied on NNS. Proof

All new songs again, but man NNS just makes things super easy. I have no idea how to properly write it out, particularly for things like minor 9 chords or maj 7. WL talked to me about considering MD'ing, definitely not there yet but my association with the NNS, the chord shapes, and the chord sounds is getting pretty good already so I imagine I'll have it pretty dialed in after a month or two.

Nice! Are you using the stock IR's with the PT15 or did you swap some in?

fusionbear

exquirentibus veritatem
Played the first full Sunday service at the new church. Went ok overall, brought the Kemper which did just make things easier. That popping double barrel is really bad, I'm just going to send it to JHS to fix which hopefully shouldn't take too long or cost too much. This weekend also marked the second time I've only relied on NNS. Proof

All new songs again, but man NNS just makes things super easy. I have no idea how to properly write it out, particularly for things like minor 9 chords or maj 7. WL talked to me about considering MD'ing, definitely not there yet but my association with the NNS, the chord shapes, and the chord sounds is getting pretty good already so I imagine I'll have it pretty dialed in after a month or two.

Just the stock ones. They sound really good. I like the ones Pete Thorn put in there.

fusionbear

exquirentibus veritatem

We get the songs with both chords and NNS. I use both, but when we change the key of the song that morning, the NNS is invaluable...

boyce89976

Gold Supporting Member

NNS is great! I would just notate like 1 6 2 4 since the 2, 3 and 6 are 'always' minor in a major key. Save some ink, haha! A minor 9 chord is the root, m3, 5, b7 and 9. If that's what you're talking about it would be notated as C(root)m9 or -9 or C-9. If you're talking about the chord on the 9th scale degree, it's the same as a 2m chord (which is more likely what you'd see in modern worship music). The minor 9 chord would show up more in jazz.

Last edited:

yeatzee

NNS is great! I would just notate like 1 6 2 4 since the 2, 3 and 6 are 'always' minor in a major key. Save some ink, haha! A minor 9 chord is the root, m3, 5, b7 and 9. If that's what you're talking about it would be notated as C(root)m9 or -9 or C-9. If you're talking about the chord on the 9th scale degree, it's the same as a 2m chord (which is more likely what you'd see in modern worship music). The minor 9 chord would show up more in jazz.
I'm just trying to figure out how a 2 minor 9 chord for example would be written on a chord sheet in NNS. I wrote "2m9" on the bottom right but I was just curious what it would show up as on an official chord chart since I've never seen that before.

I include the "m" just because I know there are circumstances where that distinction needs to be made, particularly with like gospel stuff when there's lots of chord modulations.

I'm actually curious how that stuff is written in NNS. I guess you can take Gratitude as an example, that one has a cool mixolydian (+something else, idk the theory enough to name it) thing going on later in the bridge. How would that be written in NNS?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom