• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Warning500

Tbh it was more with my disappointment with the Specular Tempus than the actual Michael Pope presets. Everything just era sounded the same whereas with the Bigsky there are vast differences with the algorithms in my experience. His presets weren't much better/different than the ones I quickly made.
Can u give the link to Michael popes presents?

Warning500

Tbh it was more with my disappointment with the Specular Tempus than the actual Michael Pope presets. Everything just sounded the same whereas with the Bigsky there are vast differences with the algorithms in my experience. His presets weren't much better/different than the ones I quickly made.
If u don’t have a link what algo he uses for cloud presets?

btjguitarman

Silver Supporting Member
hey do any of you use loopers? I've been inspired by watching some of Dave Knudson from Minus The Bear's stuff (along with realizing he is my brother's neighbor and chatting with him a couple weeks ago) and love what he does with three DL4s and a Timeline. Obviously that's crazy talk, but do any of you know of anything out there that can specifically do double speed of loops and then also do like a stutter retriggering of loops? Should I just get a DL4 or is there a more updated looper that does something similar for less than a Blooper? anyone?

He_Ma

The guy with the concussion weighing in...

I think I heard it’s basically two Cali76’s stacked. If that’s true, it won’t be truly transparent but it’s close, real close... but it does sound better on than off. ;)
If I understood it correctly you can choose to only use one side of those and that's why I thought it could be dialed in for transparentish tone. Comp demos are always hard to listen in YT cause mild transparent comp is so much about the feel and about your frequencies not getting lost which can hard to hear in demos.

GASsing hard for one. Hobby budget that I can justify to spend on gear is quite limited cause Ruokangas order and one day my wife was also thinking about getting a cheap lap steel for her to try. Also it's not like my pale green isn't great comp so I may have to stick it for some time still. But I see Slide rig in my future for sure..

hey do any of you use loopers? I've been inspired by watching some of Dave Knudson from Minus The Bear's stuff (along with realizing he is my brother's neighbor and chatting with him a couple weeks ago) and love what he does with three DL4s and a Timeline. Obviously that's crazy talk, but do any of you know of anything out there that can specifically do double speed of loops and then also do like a stutter retriggering of loops? Should I just get a DL4 or is there a more updated looper that does something similar for less than a Blooper? anyone?
I am not sure if Timeline does stutter when retriggering the loop, but with looper switch you can access with 6 buttons:

loop&loop over
play
stop
Reverse
half speed
undo (not sure if 6th button was this)

This clip has on the background two notes recorded in half speed then turned to normal speed and reversed before Big sky cloud. Then that loop is being used on the background of standard 3 button looping on Helix. With two loopers there were cool things like this that could be done by pre recording something in Timeline and then swelling it in.

Last time I was playing at church I was alone with electric and utilized Helix looper in almost every song, but I used it just like 3 button standard looper cause I didn't want to mess up with fancy stuff when it was my first time using it live and I was only one playing and my wife was singing.

btjguitarman

Silver Supporting Member
If I understood it correctly you can choose to only use one side of those and that's why I thought it could be dialed in for transparentish tone. Comp demos are always hard to listen in YT cause mild transparent comp is so much about the feel and about your frequencies not getting lost which can hard to hear in demos.

GASsing hard for one. Hobby budget that I can justify to spend on gear is quite limited cause Ruokangas order and one day my wife was also thinking about getting a cheap lap steel for her to try. Also it's not like my pale green isn't great comp so I may have to stick it for some time still. But I see Slide rig in my future for sure..

I am not sure if Timeline does stutter when retriggering the loop, but with looper switch you can access with 6 buttons:

loop&loop over
play
stop
Reverse
half speed

This clip has on the background two notes recorded in half speed then turned to normal speed and reversed before Big sky cloud. Then that loop is being used on the background of standard 3 button looping on Helix. With two loopers there were cool things like this that could be done by pre recording something in Timeline and then swelling it in.

Last time I was playing at church I was alone with electric and utilized Helix looper in almost every song, but I used it just like 3 button standard looper cause I didn't want to mess up with fancy stuff when it was my first time using it live and I was only one playing and my wife was singing.
I don’t remember it doing a retrigger type thing when I had one, and I actually want something that will double the tempo too on top of the half and reverse. I used the looper a fair amount when I had one although placement was an issue with wanting different reverbs on the parts

dmutter

Might be worth exploring the new looper that boss just announced?

btjguitarman

Silver Supporting Member
Might be worth exploring the new looper that boss just announced?

whoa. I was thinking the rc500 might be an option. That thing looks monstrous

boyce89976

Gold Supporting Member

loop&loop over
play
stop
Reverse
half speed

Dude, that clip is awesome!

dickjonesify

Silver Supporting Member
DL4 was so great for that. Kemper and Fractal do it but that’s not the cheap way :rotflmao

I loved this DVD back in the day. Awesome use of looping for his guitar and the vocal.

This is the most adventurous I got with Kemper’s looper. I got a half/double speed part in there at least.

Last edited:

btjguitarman

Silver Supporting Member
DL4 was so great for that. Kemper and Fractal do it but that’s not the cheap way :rotflmao

I loved this DVD back in the day. Awesome use of looping for his guitar and the vocal.

that's pretty rad. This at 13:50ish is what made me sit up and think hmmm this could be fun

Last edited:

boyce89976

Gold Supporting Member
We're playing "We Praise You" for the first time next Sunday, and I really hope I'm feeling up to playing (well, not the playing, but the load in/load out) and I hope my right thumb starts to cooperate soon - check out those battle scars! - so my alternate picking isn't this bad.

Romanowe

Silver Supporting Member
We're playing "We Praise You" for the first time next Sunday, and I really hope I'm feeling up to playing (well, not the playing, but the load in/load out) and I hope my right thumb starts to cooperate soon - check out those battle scars! - so my alternate picking isn't this bad.
That Gretsch looks good on you…. Hislop riffs are always fun! Only time I played it I was fresh off slamming a car door on the middle finger of my left hand. Made those pull-offs challenging, but man I loved playing it!

btjguitarman

Silver Supporting Member
man I’m way over bethel but they know how to write riffs that rip

boyce89976

Gold Supporting Member
That Gretsch looks good on you…. Hislop riffs are always fun! Only time I played it I was fresh off slamming a car door on the middle finger of my left hand. Made those pull-offs challenging, but man I loved playing it!
Haha, thanks! I'm LOVING it! Everyone that has played it asks if it's vintage... I think it would fool just about anyone... it feels and sounds like it is.

man I’m way over bethel but they know how to write riffs that rip
They do write great riffs. Hislop is a killer guitar player, dude can straight up rip.

He_Ma

I don’t remember it doing a retrigger type thing when I had one, and I actually want something that will double the tempo too on top of the half and reverse. I used the looper a fair amount when I had one although placement was an issue with wanting different reverbs on the parts
With Timeline You can restart your loop any time i think, but it doesn't do any glitches if thats what you want. You can also choose if delay is before/ after looper. If you need to use all three speeds half/normal/double, to edit one loop Timeline+looper switch cant do that. It can only do half and go normal from there or if you record original loop at half it basically does normal and double.

I get what you say about verbs. With my timeline and helix setup I had access to two loopers at different places of signal chain so verbs were available tl use anywhere I wanted. One big factor was also that I could change volume pedal place in chain where ever i wanted with changing it in helix. And record those silent loops and swell those in. Radiohead kind of does this (Ed O Brien), but I think that he can hear the loop in his in ears first when recording and he just gives thumbs up to stage monitor guy who then allows it to go FOH.

Dude, that clip is awesome!
Thanks man. Listening that clip makes me miss that telemaster a bit. Traded it for the Bluetone amp which is killer though.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom