P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member
What's the best tone match patch to get my feet wet? I have like 20 WT patches already, but none of the new TM. Thinking maybe the supreme because in terms of physical amps I've played Vox almost exclusively the last 15 years (AC15CC1 to an AC50CC2 and now an AC15HW1X) and the Matchless being my most used Helix amp...
I would get the supreme simply for two amps and IRs in one and you can always make a new copy to play with just a single and have more blocks and DSP if you want.

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member
Ch1 definitely has more sparkle and more low end. Ch2 is more mid-pushed and raunchier in it's breakup due to the EF86 preamp tube. I feel like Ch2 actually cuts through the mix a little better because of the mid-push.

Ch2 on the High input, with the gain about 2 - 2.5, tone knob in position 5, cut knob off (no high cut) and the master volume about 7 - 8 has always been home base for me. Works with any guitar I've ever tried.
Well these couple tweaks made my ch2 sound much better on my Stomp!

boyce89976

Gold Supporting Member
I prefer Ch1 for most stuff but both channels are cool!
To each their own! I’ve always liked both channels, but almost every amp has a 12ax7 channel, where I’ve always felt the EF86 was a little less common in other amps. It’s a quirky, delicate tube, prone to microphonics… it’s not unusual to find 1 tube out of 3 that you can’t use due to noise or microphonics - especially from a brand like JJ’s. I’ve always used EH EF86’s in my amp and they’ve been pretty solid. One day I’d love to find an old Telefunken to throw in there. They make a mic that uses the EF86 that sounds heavenly.

PianoMan

Silver Supporting Member
It's the strattiest strat that ever did strat! Even the most hardcore of strat devotees will love it!

Ready?

Full.jpeg
Body.jpeg
Engraving.jpeg
Inlay.jpeg

I know this would absolutely be MoonshineMan's favorite guitar of all time! It truly is his ideal strat! :roll

Seriously though, I believe I've said before that this guitar was made in honor of my Dad who passed away due to complications caused by ALS just a couple months before I ordered the guitar. Besides being one of my best friends, he was one of my biggest supporters in my music, and came out to every show/church gathering I played that he possibly could.

The obvious homage is the neck plate engraving of his signature and DOB/DOD. Less obvious is the custom inlay. It looks like a nice design (it's actually the Veritas F-hole shape), but for me, that "F" represents family. My Dad grew up in a crappy home, and literally devoted his life to helping others build up their homes (he was a psychologist who specialized in marriage/family counseling), as well as making sure we had a great home life. In the years before he passed, family became such a buzzword for my Dad that we could literally make him tear up by merely saying "Family". (My wife and I actually had contests to see how many times we could make him tear up over a single meal!)

Despite the issues I've had with Veritas in recent months, they are really the only company I know well enough to trust with a build like this - where I'm buying the guitar knowing that I will never sell it. I doubt I would have even considered doing something like this were it not for the ridiculously high quality of my first custom Veritas. I also specced it out to be my desert island guitar. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Romanowe

Silver Supporting Member
It's the strattiest strat that ever did strat! Even the most hardcore of strat devotees will love it!

Ready?

View attachment 601010 View attachment 601012 View attachment 601013 View attachment 601014

I know this would absolutely be MoonshineMan's favorite guitar of all time! It truly is his ideal strat! :roll

Seriously though, I believe I've said before that this guitar was made in honor of my Dad who passed away due to complications caused by ALS just a couple months before I ordered the guitar. Besides being one of my best friends, he was one of my biggest supporters in my music, and came out to every show/church gathering I played that he possibly could.

The obvious homage is the neck plate engraving of his signature and DOB/DOD. Less obvious is the custom inlay. It looks like a nice design (it's actually the Veritas F-hole shape), but for me, that "F" represents family. My Dad grew up in a crappy home, and literally devoted his life to helping others build up their homes (he was a psychologist who specialized in marriage/family counseling), as well as making sure we had a great home life. In the years before he passed, family became such a buzzword for my Dad that we could literally make him tear up by merely saying "Family". (My wife and I actually had contests to see how many times we could make him tear up over a single meal!)

Despite the issues I've had with Veritas in recent months, they are really the only company I know well enough to trust with a build like this - where I'm buying the guitar knowing that I will never sell it. I doubt I would have even considered doing something like this were it not for the ridiculously high quality of my first custom Veritas. I also specced it out to be my desert island guitar. Can't wait to get my hands on it!
That’s incredible. Thank you for sharing this:love:

dickjonesify

Ready?

View attachment 601010 View attachment 601012 View attachment 601013 View attachment 601014

Well… it’s not a Strat :boxer
BUT it is gorgeous!! Great story, too. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

TELEparty

Silver Supporting Member

Ready?

Amazing story and an amazing guitar! Love it. Thanks for sharing.

TELEparty

Silver Supporting Member
Hey everyone - been a gear nerd who loves Jesus for a long time. I found my people! Just wanted to say I have appreciated reading through the thread and happy to join the community.
We can all assure you that the next pedal will DEFINITELY solve it. And the next one after that will, too. And the next one! So many pedals, so much solving.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom