P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

LionVerse

Anhedonic Misanthrope
Silver Supporting Member
I can’t scream it from the rooftops loud enough. I’ll never understand why his pedals seem to be so underrated. Best, most versatile and usable drive pedals I’ve ever used.
It's all marketing. He waited way too long to switch to small enclosures and put graphics on them...

yeatzee

The pictures don’t even do it justice, but here ya go:
View attachment 601277
View attachment 601278
View attachment 601279

What the camera doesn’t capture is the sparkle. It’s a very cool black base with this silver/grey sparkle that looks insane. It also helps that I’m a Philadelphia Flyers fan, so I love it even more. One of the coolest looking pedals I’ve seen though. It’s the orange knobs for me.
Ok just ran to reverb to see if anyone had one of these for sale and there are none, but there are several of my version with an asking price the same or more than new. What happened?!? Looks like I'll need to list mine and see if barber has any of these left!

TELEparty

Silver Supporting Member
Ok just ran to reverb to see if anyone had one of these for sale and there are none, but there are several of my version with an asking price the same or more than new. What happened?!? Looks like I'll need to list mine and see if barber has any of these left!
I do t really understand the used market for Barber stuff, but I guess people will fetch what others are willing to pay. The older stuff I get, it’s cool and collectible. The newer compact stuff though, like you said, most listings are close to the price for new. I know the way to get his stuff new is a bit different than the way the world is operating in 2022, but I actually like being able to just email him, see what’s in stock, and order directly from him.

I ordered mine just last week, so I’m sure he has em still. I’d also be on the lookout for his latest prototype to drop soon.

PianoMan

Silver Supporting Member
Guys, this version of Glorious Day is pretty sweet. I love how they made it their own. Gospel vibes, Sax solo...just do yourself a favour and take a listen

Nice! I really dig how they use the minor chords in V1, and the breakdown/instrumental into the bridge is killer! I will admit though, I would probably give this version a slight edge though:

boyce89976

Gold Supporting Member
I can’t scream it from the rooftops loud enough. I’ll never understand why his pedals seem to be so underrated. Best, most versatile and usable drive pedals I’ve ever used.
Question about the Burn Unit. Does it do a low gain drive well, or is it more of a higher gain Dumble style?

TELEparty

Silver Supporting Member
Question about the Burn Unit. Does it do a low gain drive well, or is it more of a higher gain Dumble style?
So I don’t have much time with it yet, but the settings I’ve gone through have done the higher gain Dumble style extremely well. I haven’t tried anything low gain yet though, but once I do, I’ll report back.

JokeSmuggler

Silver Supporting Member
It definitely favors the mid to high gain, that’s where most of its range is. It does a great low gain, a la KOT OD side. I have the big BUEQ so it is super tweakable. There is a dynamics knob that’s a lot like the compression knob on the Nordland; super-compressed is the Dumble thing, but it gets more open too. I think that control is on a switch now.

I keep mine around for instant 80s (Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Steve Vai, etc.), but sometimes I’ll switch it out for a medium drive because it just sounds awesome.

btjguitarman

Silver Supporting Member
I've had both. The Ventris is awesome. The Bigsky just has something special for me. I find that its easier to dial in the Bigsky. But thats one man's opinion.
Yeah I’ve had both too and honestly I could go with either and be perfectly happy. I find the Ventris a little easier to dial in personally because the editor. That and half as much real estate as the big sky was a huge plus.

Both are immensely easier to do things with than the m7.

boyce89976

Gold Supporting Member
So I don’t have much time with it yet, but the settings I’ve gone through have done the higher gain Dumble style extremely well. I haven’t tried anything low gain yet though, but once I do, I’ll report back.

It definitely favors the mid to high gain, that’s where most of its range is. It does a great low gain, a la KOT OD side. I have the big BUEQ so it is super tweakable. There is a dynamics knob that’s a lot like the compression knob on the Nordland; super-compressed is the Dumble thing, but it gets more open too. I think that control is on a switch now.

I keep mine around for instant 80s (Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Steve Vai, etc.), but sometimes I’ll switch it out for a medium drive because it just sounds awesome.
Thanks, boys!

@yeatzee Tanner, what’s your take on it as low gain option?

LionVerse

Anhedonic Misanthrope
Silver Supporting Member
I've had both. The Ventris is awesome. The Bigsky just has something special for me. I find that its easier to dial in the Bigsky. But thats one man's opinion.

Yeah I’ve had both too and honestly I could go with either and be perfectly happy. I find the Ventris a little easier to dial in personally because the editor. That and half as much real estate as the big sky was a huge plus.

Both are immensely easier to do things with than the m7.

I'm with @btjguitarman both are great but I give Ventris the edge for the following

- easier to edit with app
- tons of awesome shared presets
- greater diversity between engines (every mode on the strymon stuff has that distinct "strymon sound")
- way more realistic plate and spring sounds

TELEparty

Silver Supporting Member
There's always Ventris. The footprint of BlueSky but Power of BigSky...

Somebody other than me had to say it, thank you!
But if I go Ventris, I can’t be as much of a Strymon fanboy. Although it is a great pedal. As is the Illumine, which I’ve also considered.

I guess it comes down to which one makes me look the coolest, which is the most important thing.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom