P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Southpaw Tele

So then you all just use tap tempo when you are playing a gig? Or are your repeats more Millisecond-based so it’s not necessary?

I know right now I’m running dual delay in the stomp with 375ms into 500ms. (Or vice versa cant remember).
I use a Helix LT and have a preset per song in the correct tempo. It’s worth it at the pace in which we transition from song to song.

PistolPete87

Lots to check out if you want. There are 4 audio only tracks in the SoundCloud playlist from night 3. I thought about editing around some stuff but whatever, this is real life, folks :rotflmao They also maybe a little quieter than some other mixes because I didn't EQ them and barely compressed them. This is darn close to what I was hearing...

Then, here's a compilation of shaky video of some of my favorite moments of night 4. It's fun to see how different bass notes affect the picture lol. Speaking of bass, that run at 0:25 :thud

All in all, I'm very happy with how everything went. There a few funny mistakes along the way.

DUDE! It sounded great, but I gotta be honest...

6jcp5k.jpg

dmutter

Curious how many of you go guitar-amp-mic versus a direct in option (Helix, iridium, etc). If so, what amp are you using? Do you have a sound box or something around it?
I have both an amp and an Iridium. I almost exclusively use the Iridium. It's so easy to setup and doesn't require a sound person to know what they are doing in order for it to sound good

btjguitarman

Silver Supporting Member
Curious how many of you go guitar-amp-mic versus a direct in option (Helix, iridium, etc). If so, what amp are you using? Do you have a sound box or something around it?
I had a cab but I sold it because my PT15 direct in is so so good and so consistent that my cab literally did not leave my closet in like 18 months.

course now Im looking for bands to join so I may have to buy another one if a situation arises where I'd need one :facepalm

yeatzee

The last few times I've been all over the map. A 1955 Magnatone 108, 1961 Magnatone 440, Friedman Twin Sister and a Suhr PT15. The latter two with an alnico cream in a 1x12. Depends on the church, I use to just play with a cab on stage pointed to the back wall but a different guitar player decided to apparently blast everyone away so they moved the cabs to a room off the side of the stage.

boyce89976

Gold Supporting Member
I use an Axe III for my amps and cabs, but still have my Matchless C30 and Welagen ODS. I would take those two in a hot second if I could leave them set up! In fact, I'm toying with the idea of taking them to camp since we'll be there 4 nights.

He_Ma

I used amp for years before going direct. We never used isolation boxes (Think your sound box refers to isolation box?) and amps were on stage. I used Koch Multitone 100W EL34 2x12 combo from 2010-2016 and then Bad Cat Black cat30R head with few different cabs. I always had amp sideways so it wouldn't point directly to audience to allow higher sound volumes, but it still was constant balancing act to get the sound levels where the sound guys wanted it vs. where the amp sounded at it's best. Usually my amp was quiter than I would have preferred, but I trusted the soundguys on this.

Going direct has made the load in/out easier and helped my tone be better in PA. Only thing that's little challenging is that hearing yourself is totally on monitor wedges and getting all the levels right is bit more challenging.
I can't even get two gallons of gas for $10 here on Maui

I just calculated and I can't currently get even one gallon for 10€ here in Finland :D I'm going to start using bicycle to get to work more. I only have like 2,6 kilometers to get there anyway so I should do it anyway.

cjm254

...Maui.

when you realize the intro swell from Thrice’s stare at the sun slightly rearranged works awesome for quiet part of the bridge for Red Rock’s Breakthrough.

View attachment 625728

I'm always trying to work odd stuff in. Today, the TopGun theme gets fit into Cornerstone... no one will notice. Except my kids and my drummer.

btjguitarman

Silver Supporting Member
played the Explorer all morning... it was rad. I actually love how it worked for more chill stuff too. And we introduced Praises (Be Lifted Up) after only like 6 years, (we don't play a whole lot of Bethel songs)... it's fun to play though so we went for it and aside from me needing to practice the big slides on that instrumental line a bit more, it went pretty well. I pulled the audio off our livestream... not my favorite mix but it's not the worst.

in_rainbowz

Can someone explain to me how tracks work? We are a smaller church and rarely have a drummer or anything ambient and pad-like to fill the empty space. I am leading, singing vocals, playing leads (when I can), rhythm etc. We DO usually have a keys and bass player.

Can you point me toward a good video or something explain it better? I come from the Rock/Blues play in a dirty bar scene, so in-ears alone took some getting used to for me :D

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member
my go-to Helix patch for the last several months had been the "MatchCat" BadCat HC30 emulation so naturally I had to try the new "tone matched" version and lemme tell y'all

it is very good
Our stream is actually too heavy on guitar to get a good idea of it in a mix, but I used the free TM AC30 combined with the new Matchless Ch2 and it was fantastic.

Edit, skipping through some on headphones it's actually a little better mix than I first thought on my phone speaker. It was mixed by me prior to service, which means I opened our template and made sure everyone's inputs were correct :) Timestamp to the first song which is all electric driven if you want to check it out.

Last edited:

dickjonesify

Can someone explain to me how tracks work? We are a smaller church and rarely have a drummer or anything ambient and pad-like to fill the empty space. I am leading, singing vocals, playing leads (when I can), rhythm etc. We DO usually have a keys and bass player.

Can you point me toward a good video or something explain it better? I come from the Rock/Blues play in a dirty bar scene, so in-ears alone took some getting used to for me :D
First of all, you’ll need in-ear monitors because you’ll have to stay with a click (that you don’t want the congregation to hear haha).

Provided you have that, I think* the cheapest option is use an iPad running the Prime app from Loop Community and you’ll need a simple controller to start/stop/advance to the next song. Their Looptimus Mini is only $99.

Check out Loop Community.

in_rainbowz

First of all, you’ll need in-ear monitors because you’ll have to stay with a click (that you don’t want the congregation to hear haha).

Provided you have that, I think* the cheapest option is use an iPad running the Prime app from Loop Community and you’ll need a simple controller to start/stop/advance to the next song. Their Looptimus Mini is only $99.

Check out Loop Community.
Oh yea we have in-ears and everything and a silent stage. This is interesting. So, assuming we have the iPad... It's $99 for the controller and about $35 per song.

dickjonesify

Oh yea we have in-ears and everything and a silent stage. This is interesting. I am assuming you can isolate the master and just run the drums with the vocal cues?
Without an additional audio interface, it’s just stereo so, 2 channels. You can have whatever tracks in mono going to the house and vocal cues and click going to a separate channel for your ears.

Playpunk

I mean, complaining about gas while you live in Hawaii is like……

We use multi-tracks products - Playback on an iPad and Playback Rentals which are $120/month for our use. We also got a good interface so we can have a bunch of busses for the different types of tracks. I think it cost our church $800 or so to get set up and there are ongoing costs too, of course.

We are a small church and we have not had a consistent drummer in several years.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom