P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member
NGD!
View attachment 638593

The thread with little more details here:

Looks amazing! ENJOY!

joelmorgan4

That guitar is gorgeous. Well done. I'm not normally into painted headstocks but that one is terrific. I love that it still has the natural wood binding around the paint.

He_Ma

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member

Just thought I'd toss this up to share with you guys, have been working on it in free time the last few days. Got inspired after just fiddling around initially with strumming a Bm/Em/F#m progression.

Guitar is all my Gretsch Jet, chords and .8th parts with a dual ODS/Deluxe patch, and then lead is based off the WT Matchless Ch2 TM patch. Bass with an active Jackson I have here after fixing the battery connector for a friend, and drums from a free drum plugin with mix and match grooves.

I had fun putting it all together, and now I'm thinking my next purchase (months away) might be a cheap bass to add to my guitar rack just cause it's fun to rock around with stuff like this and have the real thing in hand versus doing a sub-octave pitch shift to fake it with a guitar. I'm sure if I decide to do that in the future I'd come back to ask again, but if anyone has thoughts on P versus J style or otherwise feel free to share!

04andrew22

Silver Supporting Member

Just thought I'd toss this up to share with you guys, have been working on it in free time the last few days. Got inspired after just fiddling around initially with strumming a Bm/Em/F#m progression.

Guitar is all my Gretsch Jet, chords and .8th parts with a dual ODS/Deluxe patch, and then lead is based off the WT Matchless Ch2 TM patch. Bass with an active Jackson I have here after fixing the battery connector for a friend, and drums from a free drum plugin with mix and match grooves.

I had fun putting it all together, and now I'm thinking my next purchase (months away) might be a cheap bass to add to my guitar rack just cause it's fun to rock around with stuff like this and have the real thing in hand versus doing a sub-octave pitch shift to fake it with a guitar. I'm sure if I decide to do that in the future I'd come back to ask again, but if anyone has thoughts on P versus J style or otherwise feel free to share!

Awesome! Really like that progression.

LionVerse

Anhedonic Misanthrope
Silver Supporting Member

Sounds great! And yes a bass is always worth having around. These days between squire and sterling you can get a lot of bass for very little money. The Squire Jaguar bass has J and P pickups, just saying. I have an older CIJ Jag bass -that I got for a screaming deal- and it has two J PUs but can be active or passive and series or parallel. I love that thing.

dmutter

Nice work! Love that lead tone

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member
Sounds great! And yes a bass is always worth having around. These days between squire and sterling you can get a lot of bass for very little money. The Squire Jaguar bass has J and P pickups, just saying. I have an older CIJ Jag bass -that I got for a screaming deal- and it has two J PUs but can be active or passive and series or parallel. I love that thing.
Very cool, good to know to be on the lookout in pawn shops and what not. Thanks!

I know nothing about bass pickups. So I don’t honestly know why someone would choose one versus the other (and for my purposes it probably doesn’t matter either).

Pax

Gold Supporting Member

Very nice!

dickjonesify

Suddenly, this is my new favorite place. Who wants to discuss gear?
:hide

AM-JKLWkd2TZfJTSvx_9e_af7kMzjLhFwv3bmBDwTWWv5WdWifIRm82-dyDHwTihLKR6g2VGSdnyy-Qnj0nGfpmfwLZoE6to3tnTsayICgJCS-coS0nokpairY5K070EtQHooRuewdY0uM1xOj02YUThU67g=w618-h499-no

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member
I’ll start. I’m having my annual internal discussion “Should I flip everything and go [used] full helix floor”…. But then I have a KOT place in line coming up… so do I want to lean into that flip the stomp into an iridium and nemesis….
I mean, Stomp, Nemesis, and KOT all fit on a nano plus size board. Just me but I’d save a little more to just get the Nemesis also cause you won’t make enough on a Stomp for Iridium and Nemesis to not be adding some cash in anyways. That would be a ridiculous compact setup with the new HX verbs and any other mod or whatever else candy you wanted to add in.

boyce89976

Gold Supporting Member

Sounds great, K! Nice playing too!

slowburn

I mean, Stomp, Nemesis, and KOT all fit on a nano plus size board. Just me but I’d save a little more to just get the Nemesis also cause you won’t make enough on a Stomp for Iridium and Nemesis to not be adding some cash in anyways. That would be a ridiculous compact setup with the new HX verbs and any other mod or whatever else candy you wanted to add in.
Plus I have my Skylar…. Right now messing with Adriatic swell into reverse delay into cross cross delay into Ventoux (single cab) but then split into parallel A path: Skylar in tremble mode and then B path/ dynamic plate. With a compressor and prestige out front. Sounds pretty good. Not sure what a nemesis would add. Blast you line 6.

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom