P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member
I think a lot of people are in this boat. There should definitely be more resource directed at helping people in this situation learn to hold things down as one player
If only I had the film and production skills of someone like @yeatzee and probably a lot more free time haha

boyce89976

Gold Supporting Member
well plot twist.... I dont hear it from the actual guitar like volume down. so. that's cool.
I was going to say it sounds like some type of clipping, or a battery powered pedal sagging. Are you overloading anywhere (easy to do on low notes). Does your tele have the SSC system with the battery (I think early ones did)... maybe a new battery?

btjguitarman

Silver Supporting Member
I was going to say it sounds like some type of clipping, or a battery powered pedal sagging. Are you overloading anywhere (easy to do on low notes). Does your tele have the SSC system with the battery (I think early ones did)... maybe a new battery?
No batteries anywhere… it’s the fender with the Porter 9Ts in it. I’ll check with a VST and take my whole board and amp out of the equation but it’s definitely related to that specific guitar when it’s plugged in

slowburn

My board (duo 17) is blown up. I now got a second board (metro 16) in a trade. the KOT is free floating right now plugged into the hx stomp (sounds awesome). I have no inspiration to build a new board right now, though…

pedals off the board right now are the morning glory 4, keeley compressor mini, and gfi skylar reverb. being toying with ideas of picking up a timeline or a nemesis and/or a iridium…

first world problems.

He_Ma

Do any of you guys have/use an ebow?

I have one, but I use it only at home for my ambient looping.

I am almost always the only electric (and most of the time no acoustic either) at church so I feel that I serve our songs better if I leave the ebow home. When there would be place to use it I can do that type of tones with volume pedal, pog2 and couple delays and verbs and no one but guitarists will know the difference. Ofc there isn't that much harmonic content that Ebow can do, but you get the point.

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member
Ebow
Here is an original track I did with an old band I was in back in 2007. Ebow starts at 1:40ish for the rest of the song. I always loved how things kinda took off and shifted when using the harmonic mode up high on the fretboard.

Cool! And cool spin off song too. Thanks for sharing!

btjguitarman

Silver Supporting Member
well it's still there even if I plug straight into my Apollo and use an amp plugin, and not anywhere close to clipping. could I have gotten a bad set of pickups? that doesn't seem likely...

Kylote

I feel like that might be close to the noise I had back when... I believe mine was a nut issue and just had to be lubricated but I honestly am not sure if that is the same sound or if that was the solution that fixed mine

r080

well it's still there even if I plug straight into my Apollo and use an amp plugin, and not anywhere close to clipping. could I have gotten a bad set of pickups? that doesn't seem likely...
Still there just as clear on both pickups? It seemed like something I have heard inside my tele, which I believe is a pickup cable rattling.

btjguitarman

Silver Supporting Member
Still there just as clear on both pickups? It seemed like something I have heard inside my tele, which I believe is a pickup cable rattling.
Like one of the leads?
I feel like that might be close to the noise I had back when... I believe mine was a nut issue and just had to be lubricated but I honestly am not sure if that is the same sound or if that was the solution that fixed mine
Hmm I’ll give that a shot and see if that fixes it

dmutter

I don't turn my amp on often...but when I do I fall in love all over again. Dang, I gotta find a way to get this out with me more often cause it's so freakin good!
IMG_20220817_210605119.jpg

He_Ma

I don't turn my amp on often...but when I do I fall in love all over again. Dang, I gotta find a way to get this out with me more often cause it's so freakin good!
View attachment 692480

Team Matchless fist bumb from here! Best guitar tone that I've ever had is from my Matchless Independence Ch2 at about 110dB level.. Wish I had a way to use it at church that loud.. I am also having close look to local second hand market for Laurel Canyon combos. I have let two pass by, but I won't be doing that mistake for the third time!

I am also scheduled to play after little break. I was hoping to get bigger band so I could take my Ruokangas for first test drive at church, but since I am only guitar I feel that I am going to roll with my trusted Duesy+Kemper Laurel canyon profile combo.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom