• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

P90's?

neastguy

Silver Supporting Member
what do they sound like? never played a P90 equipped guitar........ thanks..

Taller

Gold Supporting Member
If you can catch Green Day on VH-1's 'Storytellers', you'll hear Billie Joe playing an old LP Jr. and the tones are sweeeeet!

shallbe

Deputy Plankspanker
Platinum Supporting Member
The best quack ever, IMO, but you need a 3 P-90 guitar. I have a Tom Anderson that I put 3 Harmonic Design P-90's in and it just sounds so much better than my strat for the in-between tones.

As a discalimer, I MUCH prefer P-90's to traditional Fender single coils. In fact, I prefer to use them live anytime single coil noise is not an issue. A good P-90 has the best of the single coil sound and the humbucker sound mixed together with a little added midrange magic. A bad P-90 just sounds like a noisy humbucker (Duncan Custom and Hot Soapbar are not good pickups, IMO).

Harmonic Design and Lollar make some great P-90s, and the Gibsons are very good as well.

neastguy

Silver Supporting Member
I saw a ebmm axis sport with two p90 in it and was wondering if it would do a strat quack, looks like I'm still leaning toward a silo spec....

shallbe

Deputy Plankspanker
Platinum Supporting Member
Originally posted by neastguy
I saw a ebmm axis sport with two p90 in it and was wondering if it would do a strat quack, looks like I'm still leaning toward a silo spec....
No 2 pickup guitar will quack, unless they are close to each other like the bridge and middle on a Strat. I've never heard a 2 pickup Tele quack...........

neastguy

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by shallbe
No 2 pickup guitar will quack, unless they are close to each other like the bridge and middle on a Strat. I've never heard a 2 pickup Tele quack...........
thanks for the tip...thats good to know........yet again looks like I'm leaning towards the silo spec

frankencat

Guitarded
Gold Supporting Member
I just noticed the "Guitar in General" forum goes back to 2005. Holy necro post! :)

shane8

I just noticed the "Guitar in General" forum goes back to 2005. Holy necro post! :)
nothing ever goes away on the internet

I saw the date on the op + wondered wtf this got bumped 4

did op ever get the P90 conundrum under control?