P90's?

neastguy

Silver Supporting Member
what do they sound like? never played a P90 equipped guitar........ thanks..

Taller

Gold Supporting Member
If you can catch Green Day on VH-1's 'Storytellers', you'll hear Billie Joe playing an old LP Jr. and the tones are sweeeeet!

shallbe

Deputy Plankspanker
Platinum Supporting Member
The best quack ever, IMO, but you need a 3 P-90 guitar. I have a Tom Anderson that I put 3 Harmonic Design P-90's in and it just sounds so much better than my strat for the in-between tones.

As a discalimer, I MUCH prefer P-90's to traditional Fender single coils. In fact, I prefer to use them live anytime single coil noise is not an issue. A good P-90 has the best of the single coil sound and the humbucker sound mixed together with a little added midrange magic. A bad P-90 just sounds like a noisy humbucker (Duncan Custom and Hot Soapbar are not good pickups, IMO).

Harmonic Design and Lollar make some great P-90s, and the Gibsons are very good as well.

neastguy

Silver Supporting Member
I saw a ebmm axis sport with two p90 in it and was wondering if it would do a strat quack, looks like I'm still leaning toward a silo spec....

shallbe

Deputy Plankspanker
Platinum Supporting Member
Originally posted by neastguy
I saw a ebmm axis sport with two p90 in it and was wondering if it would do a strat quack, looks like I'm still leaning toward a silo spec....

No 2 pickup guitar will quack, unless they are close to each other like the bridge and middle on a Strat. I've never heard a 2 pickup Tele quack...........

neastguy

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by shallbe
No 2 pickup guitar will quack, unless they are close to each other like the bridge and middle on a Strat. I've never heard a 2 pickup Tele quack...........

thanks for the tip...thats good to know........yet again looks like I'm leaning towards the silo spec

frankencat

Guitarded
Gold Supporting Member
I just noticed the "Guitar in General" forum goes back to 2005. Holy necro post! :)

shane8

I just noticed the "Guitar in General" forum goes back to 2005. Holy necro post! :)
nothing ever goes away on the internet

I saw the date on the op + wondered wtf this got bumped 4

did op ever get the P90 conundrum under control?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom