PA as home stereo

Discussion in 'Home Audio (Stereo Systems)' started by rsm, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Hurricane

Hurricane Member

:cool:
    Both
    The Mackie accepts XLR/TRS I also hook my T.C. Helicon Voice Live 3X to it
    when I want an electric guitar sound .

My better acoustic guitar has XLR and TRS , so I got it covered either way .
    The Mackie has a TRS out in mono so you can hook an amp into it /subwoofer .

It's stand alone FX and battery make it a perfect busking amp with 150 watt RMS @ THD 0.05% .
    Kick in Bluethooth/Stereo Aux in for an acoustic guitar and vocal .

At $300.00 it's a deal .

EZ :

HR

Little_Wing likes this.
  2. ChorusCrackpot

ChorusCrackpot Member

I used to, when I was renting a bigger house. It was amazing.

I still have the PA speakers and mixing desk, but as I am in a smaller house now I don't have the opportunity to use them. Hopefully I will someday.

3. theforerunner

theforerunner Member

I just recently started using my QSC K12.2s as a stereo with a Yamaha board connected to my computer and a DVD player. Right next to it is a nice stereo setup with a Marantz CD player, Simaudio I5 integrated amp and Paradigm Studio 100s. No real comparison between the two, way more finesse and refinement with the true hifi setup. But the PA rig is a lot of fun when you want to be loud. I just wonder if the JBL SRX 3 ways could get me closer to a hifi sound. Anyone know?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  4. ColonelForbin

ColonelForbin Member

Yeah, for couch tour of Dead&Co, and Phish I run my pair of Line6 L2t speakers on either side of the tv; they sound great!
    I do have to put an Ebtech hum eliminator between the audio cables coming out of the tv, and going to the two speaker inputs, otherwise get some ground loop noise.