Pacifica 412v Question

MusicMosaic

Hey guys,

So it's my first time posting here and I have a quick question that I would like to ask. I own a yamaha pacifica 412v from when I first started playing the electric and have moved on to other instruments as I got a bit better.

I still kept it though for sentimental reasons and recently I have been wanting to upgrade it specifically the bridge itself. The thing is I can't seem to find any info about an after-market bridge that might serve as a direct drop in so I was wondering if anyone has upgraded the bridge before? Any suggestions would be helpful!

Thank you.

Flogger59

There are not a lot of aftermarket products available for Yamahas, I like to think that they made them right in the first place. There was a Pacifica 604W that had a Wilkinson bridge, but I hated the sound of it compared to the 604 with the original design Yamaha bridge. The difference was not subtle.

LaXu

Is there something wrong with the bridge? I've played quite a few Pacifica models over the years and didn't feel the bridge design on yours was any worse then the Wilkinsons for example.

MusicMosaic

There are not a lot of aftermarket products available for Yamahas, I like to think that they made them right in the first place. There was a Pacifica 604W that had a Wilkinson bridge, but I hated the sound of it compared to the 604 with the original design Yamaha bridge. The difference was not subtle.

Ah thats a pity, I just wanted to see if there were other options available as an upgrade!

MusicMosaic

Is there something wrong with the bridge? I've played quite a few Pacifica models over the years and didn't feel the bridge design on yours was any worse then the Wilkinsons for example.

Definitely, but i'm thinking of giving it away as a gift so I just wanted to see if I could make it a little better in terms of hardware!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom