Packing/shipping John Mayer Strat with the Incase hard gigbag

JCLbandSC

Ok, so I sold my John Mayer strat on ebay, and I've been working on getting it packed so I can ship it out.

It's turning out to be tougher than I thought. Packing it in the John Mayer Incase hard gigbag is pretty challenging. I bubble wrapped the headstock, placed bubble wrap along the bottom where the lower strap button is and at the top above the headstock, and I just packed the bag with packing paper and bubble wrap as well as possible where the guitar didn't seem to move but also didn't make the bag too tight to zip up.

The bag is padded really well itself. Do you guys think this is good enough? I'm not really sure how to pack it any differently.

Then of course, it's going in a box.

I'd really appreciate any opinions so I can get this shipped out with no worries.

Thanks guys

ggwwbb

Silver Supporting Member
The less the guitar can move in the case and the less the case can move in the box the better. Sounds like you've got it packed in the case pretty well. Make sure and get as much bubble wrap around the case as possible and you should be OK. I usually will wrap the case with bubble wrap until the case fits very snug in the box. Nice, tight fit that doesn't move.....

JCLbandSC

The less the guitar can move in the case and the less the case can move in the box the better. Sounds like you've got it packed in the case pretty well. Make sure and get as much bubble wrap around the case as possible and you should be OK. I usually will wrap the case with bubble wrap until the case fits very snug in the box. Nice, tight fit that doesn't move.....
Oh ok. So no peanuts or anything? Thanks for the response btw

jazzrat

I take one additional step when shipping in a gig bag....
...after securing the guitar inside the case and wrapping the case, I tape
some strips of thin plywood or paneling on both side of the wrapped case.
Just something hard as extra protection against a crush event.