• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Padded Amp Covers

donden

Studio Slips ... Tuki ... LeCover ... D2F ... CoverAmp ... (or others)?

Which have you tried and liked ... or disliked? How was the Customer Service? Any quality control issues or problems of any kind?

Thank you very much.

Don

RJLII

I just ordered a Studio Slips cover for my Carr Rambler yesterday. Susan offers superb customer service. I had a few questions prior to ordering and she returned my email promptly with all the answers. The order process was pretty painless. The fact they have you verify the actual dimentions of your amp prior to processing the order is a nice touch.

I did a great deal of research prior to selecting a cover manufacturer. I had boiled it down to Tuki or Studio Slips. Both come highly recommended.

In the end I chose Studio Slips because I wanted Brown Cordura and Tuki only had Black. In addition, the photos of the Tuki covers didn't illustrate the "form fitting" kind of fit I was looking for. The Studio Slips covers are represented to have a snug fit.

They were comparably priced. I'll know in a week or so if I made a good choice.

Dr. Tweedbucket

Deluxe model available !!!11
I got a Leather Studio Slips with a Dr. Z head I bought. I sold the head but decided to keep the cover in case I got another Dr. Z head :love: ...... I don't think they offer the leather anymore, that's mainly why I kept it. Excellent quality throughout!!

es125luv

Studio Slips!

Susan is remarkable!
+1. I have never had any issues with them and they are extremely well made.

I used to buy those cheap amp cases that are all over Ebay and now actually feel that my amps are far better protected after replacing those thin cases (with cheap hardware) with the Studio Slips covers.

cap'n rory

CoverAmp for me as I am in Canada. I do own one Tuki cover and it is pretty good. I do like the vinyl that CoverAmp uses, it is very heavy weight. I own one that is padded and several others from them that just are standard. They are all good, no excellent quality!!

rongtr1

I've had a Tuki for 5 years- looks like when I bought it, and it's had a lot of use.

bach

Silver Supporting Member
I've only bought from D2F so I can't compare to any of the others, but the service and quality of D2F exceeded my expectations.

Pa'ani

Silver Supporting Member
I use both, the Tuki and Studio Slip cover for my amp heads, combos and cabs...
In the near future, I am planning on purchasing a Studio Slip Clam shell covers for my Glaswerks Super OverDrive 100 head and GW TH12 Cab.

Strat59

Silverstone (UK)

Fully enclosed Zip up soft Italian Leather, fully padded
reinforced ends for the feet. Black with Gold Marshall
piping.

Custom made for my '68 JMP Small Box Plexi 50

The Rolls Royce of covers !

bigroy

I've bought over 10 covers in the last 10 years from LeCover. Great service and fast!

donden

My Thanks to all for your helpful input.

Dr. Tweedbucket - that is a beautiful cover. You were smart to hold on to it.

cap'n rory - CoverAmp's padded cover does look quite sturdy & strong, but expensive. Does their standard (non-padded) cover have any lining inside the vinyl?

bigroy - have you had any quality issues with your LeCover covers?

Thank you,

Don

pattste

Silver Supporting Member
I buy from coveramp. Both covers that I've bought in the last couple of years have been perfect. Great fit, materials and workmanship. And the owners are a pleasure to deal with. Both times I had my case within a week. I considered buying a Studio Slip or Tuki, and I'm sure they make great covers, but in the end I decided to keep my money in Canada and avoid dealing with crossborder shipping, fees, etc.

James BCM

Susan at Studio Slips does all my personal and Blues City Music custom covers. I wouldn't think of using anyone else.

LB
BCM

donden

Thank you, Lespaulsig74, pattste, and James.

Pattste - do you have the padded or unpadded covers? If unpadded, do they have some sort of lining (felt?), or just a single layer of leatherette?

Thanks, Don

Trending Topics

Top Bottom