Votes: 3 15.0%
  • 2.6 - 3.0mm

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • 3.1mm +

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Grendel2000

Silver Supporting Member
I'm hoping to gather some semi-scientific data on what pickup height most people use with their PAF style pickups. If you don't mind measuring, could you post in the poll what height you have yours set to?

NOTE: please don't make an entry for non-PAF style pickups. Also, measure hight from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string when the string is fretted at the last fret.

Thanks!

Boomstick0

I generally adjust my pickups to be around 2mm from the string fretted at the last fret and then make adjustments as needed, which is most often raising the bridge pickup up a little bit (maybe 1.75mm) and the neck down a little bit (maybe 2.25mm).

Sean French

Silver Supporting Member
Measuring from the top of the cover , behind the pole pieces , to the bottom of the E strings.
My bridge Seth Lover in my LP is 1.75 mm from the high E and 2.5 mm from the Low E.

hotrats73

Silver Supporting Member
1.6-2.0 in all my historic Les Paul with custombuckers and in my SG with 59 Tribute pickups.

They are all set different but within that range.

Tone_Terrific

Silver Supporting Member
I adjust for preferred performance.:dunno
They invariably are in the range between too close and too far away.
I suggest you experiment and adjust for best performance with your rig considering sound, balance, and output level.

cap10kirk

Pickup height for me varies depending on the guitar, the specific pickup, and whether or not the guitar has other pickups that I may want to balance it with. 4-5 of those poll options apply to me.

BUTTISLAND

With pressing the string at the last fret, 6/64 on the bass side and 3.5/64 on the treble side on my bridge humbucker.

Last edited:

willyboy

Silver Supporting Member
As close as possible, so for me it's generally 3/64 on the treble side to 5/64 on the bass side with the string depressed at the last fret. Much further than that starts to reduce the level I can get into the front end of the amp to the point the signal becomes too weak, thin and useless

BUTTISLAND

As close as possible, so for me it's generally 3/64 on the treble side to 5/64 on the bass side with the string depressed at the last fret. Much further than that starts to reduce the level I can get into the front end of the amp to the point the signal becomes too weak, thin and useless
I approve this message,

exactly my principle on pickup height now, it's all about getting the fullest sound from the pickup without it pulling the strings.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom