PAF's that will ship NOW?!

minorseventh

yes i hate redundant topics, but bear with me~!.
anyway.. im searching around for some good PAF clones for my Greco LP, and for the most part every maker of hand wound pickups has a 2-3 week turnaround. problem is I want to start recording next week, and I got my soldering iron all dusted off and ready to go.

Ive checked out sheptone, wolfetone, and smits, and all look good but with that damn wait time... are SD antiquity's any good or should I keep searching?
Im looking in the 200-260 range for a set. suggestions appreciated!

FloridaSam

Get the antiquities. Easy to find and easy to flip if you don't love them. Personally, I've had them in two guitars and never found the need to look further, great pickups for the money. I bought a pair "used" but in baox with all paperwork, long leads etc for $140.00. Can't beat that.

SkydogFan81

Silver Supporting Member
you have to wait for the good stuff...go to wbpickups.com and check out his Pafs they are the best I've tried

mykljpao

Another vote for WCR! I have Crossroads in an SG and an '85 LP and they do exactly what they are advertised to. Excellent customer service as well.

rastus

Don't know what his turnaround is, but I prefer JM Rolph's PAF clones over every other set I have, including my Tom Holmes set and an original set from a 60 ES 345 that I have in a Les Paul. That said, I have a set of Antiquities in a 335 and they are a killer match for that guitar. My eperience has shown me that a good set of PAF type pickups really shine when you get them into the right guitar. That 335 did not like anything I put in it until the Ants. Now it just sings so sweetly...

ricoh

I have used WCR Crossroads............57 Classics .............Holmes and original Pat# Pu's. I was most satisfied with the Duncan Antiquities for a 2000 LP Gold Top Historic.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom