Paid for pedal 6 weeks ago, have not recieved it yet.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by bobmeredith, Feb 14, 2008.

1. bobmeredith

bobmeredith Member

I've been nice so far, and recieved a couple of 2 word replies. Should I start to get annoyed yet.

This is a seller of modified stock pedals. Not a boutique manufacturer with a 12 month waiting list.

2. john b

john b Supporting Member

I'd be way past annoyed at this point.

3. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

Did you ask how much of a lead time or were you given any indication of a wait time at the time of purchase?

4. bobmeredith

bobmeredith Member

No I didn't ask and it took me a couple of emails to get a terse two word reply, Saying it had been shipped.

Enquiries as to shipping date, tracking info, and insurance have not elicited a reply as yet.

I feel like I'm pulling teeth trying to get an answer from this guy.

HC reviews give this guy top comminication marks; perhaps that's only when he's trying to get your business.

5. aaland_brian

aaland_brian Member

Well I'm glad you are being civil enough not to bad mouth the guy yet. I would be annoyed if I was in you position, but I see that you live in Austrailia and would just like to mention that customs some times loses stuff for a while. I had an ebay item that I won shipped from Sydney once that took over 2 1/2 month to get to me so just check into that too. It is pretty bad that he hasn't given you the shipping info yet. Hope you get it all taken care of.

6. Janglin_Jack

Janglin_Jack Member

I remember I bought a TS-808 reissue from a dude in Singapore. He told me he shipped it via Postal Service, (boat) and it was going to take 4-6 weeks. I emailed him after 4 weeks and he said he shipped it, etc. I then waited for 6 weeks and then started to throw a fit. His eBay profile was closed and I started to feel like I was had. I got effen pissed and emailed the Singapore Police. I wanted his ass caned. Turns out pedal arrived 8 weeks and 1 day later, (post marked on the EXACT date he indicated it shipped). So I apologized, but I was really pissed and felt that I had been stolen from.

Anyhow, lesson learned. Give the benefit of the doubt and ask a lot of questions.

Then get their ass caned.

:horse

Jack

7. bobmeredith

bobmeredith Member

I wouldn't bag someone for being a few weeks late, but if Keeley can deliver inside a week, then everyone else should be able to do it in under a month.

Shipping was free, so it could well be coming by sea tortoise. Or be lost.

Either way the lesson that all forum traders need to learn is that good communications is money in the bank.

8. K-man

K-man Member

The Singapore police must have been all over your request. :jo

9. yZe

yZe Senior Member

Tampa, on the Territory of Florida (D.C. Free Zone
    report them n the ripoffreport.com

that should get their attention

10. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

If you are within 45 days, file a paypal alert. If you used a CC, file a dispute. If you sent cash / mo, you learned a lesson.

11. Janglin_Jack

Janglin_Jack Member

LOL - Yeah. No response.

Jack

12. yugnat

yugnat Member

I sold a Black Box to somebody in Australia and shipped it right away - it took well over 4 weeks to get there and go through customs... the customer was very patient as he had experienced or heard of this before when buying from the U.S.

13. Uma Floresta

Uma Floresta Senior Member

A mod shouldn't take that long.

14. Jagsound

Jagsound Member

I'm in Aus too, and I'm currently stressed about a trem pedal that was accepted in NY on 28th Jan using a 6-10 day tracked and insured USPS postage service. Found out from USPS that it wasn't full point to point tracking just acceptance and delivery so I don't know any more than, it was accepted.

Aus Post have told me that it has not entered the country.

Vanished! Hopefully it will get 'found' at some point and turn up in my letter box.

I hope you get your pedal soon.

15. shadowbox

shadowbox Supporting Member

Well, that depends on what the two words were... ;)

Seriously, though, I personally would be pissed by or before the 6-week mark.

Hope you have it soon.

16. clothwiring

clothwiring Supporting Member

Kind Sir,

Please respond to this communication with information confirming the shipment date and tracking number of said item. If I do not have this information within three business days I will be filing a complaint with my credit card company requesting the recovery of monies paid.

You may contact me at telephone number xxx.xxx.xxxx or email at email@mydomain.com

Thank you in advance for clearing this up.

Sincerely,
    Mr. Smith

17. bobmeredith

bobmeredith Member

I'm thinking along those lines but I'll keep it non threatening. Oz customs dept can be slow. The guy sells and posts on this site, and has the reputation of being extremely communicative and customer service orientated. All I'm asking for is quality communication.

I bought directly off his website so I can't get Paypal or Ebay to help if things go pear shaped.

In the spirit of the TGP posting rules I don't really want to mention the vendors name unless it clear he's being totally disinterested and unco-operative

I think I'll send this:

Dear XXXXX,

I sent you an email a couple of days ago requesting shipping date, tracking info, and any updates regarding my XXXXXX.

I've been laid back about this because things do get lost from time to time, but I must confess to be very dissappointed with your lack of quality communication.

I don't want to take any punitive steps at the moment as you have a reputation for being a stand up guy, BUT I WOULD APPRECIATE SOME REAL COMMUNICATION at this point.

Please email me as soon as you have any information as to the whereabouts of my order.

18. Jagsound

Jagsound Member

Did you pay by credit card? If so then you can reverse the payment if they don't send the goods.

The letter you suggest should be re-written - couple of suggestions above.

19. bobmeredith

bobmeredith Member

That's really good. I'll send it today.

Thanks

Bob

20. monkjunior

monkjunior Member

man i have bought 99.9% of my pedals and gear from the US i am in sydney too.... the Australian customs service is one of the most advanced in the world actually..... i personally have never had a problem or delay with customs, quarantin, the austalian communications authority none of themm..... 6 weeks i would have flipped by now....