Painting Enclosures

Fender074

I did a search it didnt return anything...if there is a related thread where this has been discussed before post a link and ill delete this.

So i've been trying my hand at DIY lately and brought a few BYOC kits, I'll be honest i hate the look of the standard aluminum enclosure look of the enclosures, I'd like to put some of them maybe on my board..
So TGP whats the best and easiest way to paint the enclosures and bring them to life abit more!

rte1023

If you're going with spray paint I would recommend a clear coat as well. You can get different finishes but glossy would probably look best. There's definitely some sparkle tones and metallic finishes that could look really good. I have a metallic black spray that looks like a sparkle tone on a Gretsch. There's other things like nail polish paint, car paint, and air brush paints that work well. For designs stencils are great, and you can also design things digitally in a program like Illustrator and have permanent vinyl decals made. I love great artwork on a pedal! Screen printing though... the best

coltonius

Señor Member
^ Good advice. I'm refinishing a DD-20 now- using matte black as the base coat, black sparkle over that, and clear coat to finish. All purchased from a local craft store.

Trending Topics