Pairing an OD with Vox Pathfinder

BrettMS

Realize it's something of a paradox trying to mate an overdrive pedal with an SS amp but I'm unable to upgrade to decent tube amp at the moment.

Has anyone had any success matching an OD pedal with the Pathfinder? I'm just wanting a slightly saturated/breaking-up tone which I don't find pleasing by cranking up the amp.

Rumors of War

Silver Supporting Member
Pathfinder is my grab n go rig. I use a BA Tri/Ram > KOT > DBD. I think the KOT sounds great with the PF.

JinX78

I use a barber CDD with mine, sounds great! I'm expecting a barber burn unit in the mail today, I'll def report back after I have some time with it

I use my OCD (v4) with my Pathfinder, and it always sounds great. But I set the OCD for a fairly low gain, which is what I think it does best.

eddie knuckles

Gold Supporting Member
These guys have it covered pretty well. For me, I will use my Pathfinder for band rehearsal with my full pedal board (boost, EQ and compression, modulation as well as dirt degrees), and I must say, I haven't found a dirt pedal that DOESN'T work with the Pathfinder.

voorhiessa

My favorites are: Bad Monkey, SD1, Route 808.............I just got a VS XO, which I'm excited to try.

myTakamine

I found that my Pathfinder sounds best with ODs that add their own flavor, so yes, OCD, Barbers, even generic Tube Screamers sound good.

As you've already found, the only good sound you're _not_ going to get is the Pathfinder's overdrive, so no clean-boost-into-amp-overdrive, but everything else is going to sound the way it should.

eriwebnerr

I found that my Pathfinder sounds best with ODs that add their own flavor, so yes, OCD, Barbers, even generic Tube Screamers sound good.

As you've already found, the only good sound you're _not_ going to get is the Pathfinder's overdrive, so no clean-boost-into-amp-overdrive, but everything else is going to sound the way it should.
I agree. As the pathfinder has a nice very light breakup (any more and it sounds pants) that is more splatty and open, I like to use middy and slightly compressed pedals with it. TS variants work really well. Also, a Wampler Ecstasy / Euphoria on smooth mode sounds just phenomenal into it.

Trending Topics