PAL 800 JCM Emulator

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Slashaholic Anonymous, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Beto

Beto Supporting Member

Now try to resist purchasing the 959 ;).

2. Renardm

Renardm Member

Now does this have more gain on tap than a real JCM 800? Can you get into hair metal territory?

3. shock me

shock me Member

I'm playing WASP songs with my Gold. Nails that tone.

4. PartoftheDark

PartoftheDark Member

I got mine just a few weeks ago. Fantastic pedal. I run it into my dsl40c on clean and it basically sounds exactly the same as my old 800 without having to crank it. I have nothing but praise for it and wish I'd heard about it sooner.

dpgreek likes this.
  5. JeffreyC

JeffreyC Member

I just ordered the silver one. I have a Gurus DD and Cornish G2, so think those cover older Marshall tones well. We'll see how it compares - wanting some good JCM crunch.

dpgreek likes this.
  6. dpgreek

dpgreek Supporting Member

Youll get plenty with it. Its funny bc when I tried out JCMs back in the day, they were so bright alone. Similarly the pedal is voiced on the brighter side... by itself, yes it can sound in your face but when you play within a mix it sings

JeffreyC likes this.
  7. JeffreyC

JeffreyC Member

Yeah, that's what I'm hearing in the clips. Lots of other Marshall pedals don't seem to have that right to my ear - stuff I hear in Tom Morello's tone for instance.

8. Bloomfield fan

Bloomfield fan Silver Supporting Member

I am a little confused on the gold. Is it an 800 and has the extra voicing switch or was it designed to cover both the plexi and the 800?

indeedido likes this.
  9. JeffreyC

JeffreyC Member

Here's what they told me:

Hi Jeffrey.

Thanks for your question, The PAL 800 GOLD Overdrive have the same concept design as the PAL 800 JCM Emulator, you can consider that the PAL 800 GOLD Overdrive is like a Marshall amp that has been mod in a good way and also with more tone versatility with the Gain Voicing Switch. In this meaning, you can get in the PAL 800 JCM and PAL 959 Plexi territories with the GOLD Overdrive,

In general you will have more gain, more mids and attack response and of course versatility, but if you are looking for the exact tone of the JCM800 then you should get the PAL800 JCM Emulator

here is the link of the PAL800 GOLD Overdrive at Reverb.com:

https://reverb.com/item/5520961-pal-800-gold-overdrive-pedal-effect

We hope to do business with you.

Best Regards.

Luis.

infiniteposse likes this.
  10. dpgreek

dpgreek Supporting Member