Paladia: Fender Strat show

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by dankayaker, Dec 20, 2009.

1. dankayaker

dankayaker Supporting Member

Did anyone see this ? I'm wondering who the house guitarist was. He played the red Strat (with lace sensors). Great player. Looked like he was using a Matchless head into a boogie 2x12 . . . .anyone know exactly what gear ?

2. ducatisteve

ducatisteve Member

I'm upset I missed this! For anyone else that did as well, but has this channel, set your DVR for 12/22 11:00am EST, 12/27 3:00pm EST, or 1/05 9:00pm EST.

3. tone4days

tone4days Member

i couldnt take it any more after paul rodgers brought the two kids out - i hope it got better - i'll look for a replay and watch the back half some time

i gotta say this - amy winehouse really use to have some talent - her guitarist was really enjoyable to listen to as well .. and always a treat to hear pino in the house band

and gary moore can make some guitar face cant he? :D

4. dankayaker

dankayaker Supporting Member

Yeah . . .the Rogers kids seemed silly . . . . The house guitarist was one of the highlights for me. Albert Lee killed as well . . .I love Gary Moore but he went on a bit too long IMO.

5. Guitar55

Guitar55 Who was that masked man? Silver Supporting Member

6. Jahn

Jahn Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver Supporting Member

just turned on to palladia here in NYC and yeeps here is Mayer! but DVR'd the 22nd show, look forward to it. fender should put the jazzmaster anniversary on there too, it was awesome.

7. RickC

RickC Gold Supporting Member

I just caught a few minutes; it was Gilmour playing Strat #0001. Guess I got lucky

:)

8. Bluedano1

Bluedano1 Member

I was watching the Strat show last night a little in between watching The Saints evaporate in front of the F***ing Cowboys! (I'm a loser Redskin fan!) and I think the house guitar player's first name might be Phil___I'can't remember his last name, but he has played on simliar British all Star Jams(maybe behind Clapton, Beck, or Knopfler?)

As for the show- I saw mostly the Joe Walsh set which I just thought "sat there", it was flat he needed more grind- and face it Joe's tunes were originally played on a Tele or a Les Paul - he plays a Strat more now...Did Brian May play a Strat or his Red Special? I know he played but missed that...

9. jtm622

jtm622 Member

IMO, the whole show was pretty good; especially considering that most folks were "out of their element" the whole time that they were on stage... :)

P.S. - Anybody wanting to know how positively GREAT Lace Sensors sound should give that guy playing in the house band a listen...

10. Bluedano1

Bluedano1 Member

House guitarist (also credited as Musical Director) Phil Palmer

11. jkg

jkg Supporting Member

what pickups does he have in that?

12. RickC

RickC Gold Supporting Member

Good question. The originals, perhaps?

/rick