Palleeeeezzzzzzzzeeeeee

Rdg178

I have been on this site for years.
I love tgp and all of you fellow gear heads. Most of you know a hell of alot more about gear than i do. But I need to say something.
After reading years worth of threads it has come to my attention that every amp is great and every amp leaves something to be desired. It’s a fools game. And I don’t care what you all think!

pickslide

Supporting Member
I know what you are saying and agree. That said, some amps are just better for some people and that's what works for them. So I guess it's not about what's the best amp but rather what's the best for me. After owning many different amps I finally found the one that's suits me best and I'm as happy as can be with what I have.

Axe-Man

Every amp has a failing. Nothing is perfect. Some amps have major failings but still nail the tone you want them for.

Some popular TGP annoyances:

Too loud, not enough headroom, too slow, too quick, too dark, too bright, too much gain, too little gain, sterile cleans, meh dirt, not flexible, too many switches/knobs/channels, cheap build quality, too expensive...on it goes.

gulliver

Supporting Member
In two minutes, people can throw their smart phone on a table, hit record, play through the best amp in the world, e-mail a file to themselves and post a clip on tgp.

It's rarely done because it's easier to type opinions that are backed with zero evidence.

MikeMcK

Silver Supporting Member
No, the way it goes is that the best amp that ever existed is the one you're selling in the Emporium. Until you sell it, which is when it starts to suck, and the best amp that ever existed is the one that's being shipped to your house.

ahhlou

After reading years worth of threads it has come to my attention that every amp is great and every amp leaves something to be desired. It’s a fools game. And I don’t care what you all think!
You can say that about anything in life, bbq's, women, pets, refrigerators. Here we focus on a specific fools game, music gear...

PurpleJesus

Moderation is key
Staff member
Supporting Member
Lots of people have never played a Hiwatt, and that's ok, you're still a good person and your mom probably still loves you, but it does lead to some confusion when people start thinking they've found the "best amp" out there without playing a Hiwatt.
/thread

;)

LaXu

In two minutes, people can throw their smart phone on a table, hit record, play through the best amp in the world, e-mail a file to themselves and post a clip on tgp.

It's rarely done because it's easier to type opinions that are backed with zero evidence.
Cue the complaints about smartphone mic not being able to represent how it sounds etc etc. or how they have the same amp and it sounds different in their space or how you can make it sound right by putting in elusive NOS tubes...

HomeInMyShoes

I have been on this site for years.
I love tgp and all of you fellow gear heads. Most of you know a hell of alot more about gear than i do. But I need to say something.
Stop making sense.

DiPa

Constant GAS
Gold Supporting Member
Oh no, there are many arguements about Amps...there is a lot of hate on certain models...
No it’s never boring...

Jimmy_Rage

Some people like certain amps
Other people like certain other amps
The people who like certain amps like them because they're chewy
The people who like certain other amps like them because they're something else
If you believe any of these words
You are lost