Palleeeeezzzzzzzzeeeeee

Jabby92

I hadn't heard this before. Are you saying I should NOT get the amp with the tubes mounted DIRECTLY on the PCB..?
Oh well thats a different thing. I just mean in general like PCB amps that are well made and don't have the tubes mounted on the PCB are totally fine as any other method.

Bossanova

Silver Supporting Member
Oh well thats a different thing. I just mean in general like PCB amps that are well made and don't have the tubes mounted on the PCB are totally fine as any other method.
sorry, i thought you were with me on the joke. i was also going to post another link to the MESA guy's paper on PCB, ICYMI.

Jwblanton

Silver Supporting Member
Lots of people have never played a Hiwatt, and that's ok, you're still a good person and your mom probably still loves you, but it does lead to some confusion when people start thinking they've found the "best amp" out there without playing a Hiwatt.
/thread
;)
. Hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah

EL84 Abuser

Silver Supporting Member
I just mean in general like PCB amps that are well made and don't have the tubes mounted on the PCB are totally fine as any other method.
PCB mounted tubes are perfectly fine as long as the PCB and circuit is designed properly. Sockets flown instead of PCB mounted is actually somewhat specific to amps. When tubes were used everywhere (and in cases where they still are) they are most often mounted to PCBs. Military and Medical included.

Bluesful

Supporting Member
Lots of people have never played a Hiwatt, and that's ok, you're still a good person and your mom probably still loves you, but it does lead to some confusion when people start thinking they've found the "best amp" out there without playing a Hiwatt.
/thread

;)
If I could get my hands on a DR103 I so would.

Most likely will never get to play one though.

Trending Topics