• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Palmer PGA04

sagegreer

Anyone have any experience with these? I play at a church and need to keep the stage volume to a minimum, so I've been considering getting one of these Palmers and going cab-less for a while. All of the youtube clips I found were super heavy distorted tones. I'm more interested in the clean tones. I play a Two-Rock most of the time and need my tone to stay as true to the amp as possible. Anyone?

MaxTwang

it's a speaker emulator with loadbox. It's not an attenuator so your stage volume will be down to nothing if you use it as a loadbox, you're volume will be the same if you bypass the loadbox feature. Your direct sound could be pretty good. A few years ago I used one with a Fuchs TDS going direct to a mixer and it sounded really good through the monitors.

iggypop

The Torpedo VB-101 would be perfect, if you must use your tube head. Or get an Axe-fx STD, they're cheap next to the overpriced Palmer, which doesn't even use IR's.

The Torpedo VB-101 would be perfect, if you must use your tube head. Or get an Axe-fx STD, they're cheap next to the overpriced Palmer, which doesn't even use IR's.
Never thought about a used axefx standard...Thats a very good idea now the prices for these are more reasonable.
Can you load user IRs made by ppl with axefx2s into the standards cab slots?

DRS

The PGA 04 is $680 new, a used AxeFX std is around $1200-1500 used and then you need a floor controller, and rack case. :huh

iggypop

Let's put it like this: $680 for the Palmer seems excessive. It doesn't use Impulse Responses to simulate the speakers, AFAIK, rendering an inferior result.
$1250 for the Axe Standard - great effects, 70+ amp models, dozens of cabinets. A FCB-101 is like $120.
The Axe delivers a lot of bang for the buck, if you consider these facts.

MaxTwang

You would need a load box with direct out to use the Axe, a little additional cost. Or find a Palmer Used and use it with the Axe.

There's a new Torpedo Live coming out next month at a lower price point than the VB-101.

Does anyone have experience with the Torpedo and the Palmer? My memory of the Palmer is the sound: Paired with a Fuchs it got the loud, swirly cranked sound that I've heard from no other attenuator or loadbox.

Trending Topics