Palomino V32 112 Speaker replacement

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Eugene Holley, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Eugene Holley

Eugene Holley Member

I have a Crate Palomino v32 (30 watt) combo with 1 12"
    Celstion Palomino speaker (open back). I would like to change the speaker to something that would make a difference in sound and tone and would like a recommendation as to what to use. I like Blues and rock so not sure whether a Celstion greenback, or maybe the Vintage 30 or Heritage Model 12H are good choices. Has anyone heard or tried the Celstion Gold (not sure if it will fit)? Anyone deal with the heat issue this amp is known to have.

2. OrangeAD30TC

OrangeAD30TC The venerable H.W.

I heard a clip of a 2x12 version on youtube with greenbacks and it sounded killer. Very Marshally and very british. I had a V16 with a G12H30 and I think it was a good choice. Little differeent but all there.

3. prsnstrat

prsnstrat Member

I'm gonna try a Wizard in mine.

4. Leo27

Leo27 Member

I use a Warehouse Green Beret in my V16. Great Marshall tones. It's only rated at 25 watts but it may work for you if you take it a little easy with the volume control.

By the way...The Celestion Palomino speaker is Celestion Seventy 80.

By the way...I don't know if there is a fan in the V32, but I found this cool one that fits right in the bottom of my V16 cabinet. Nice and quiet too.

http://www.vornado.com/products/flippi/flippiv6.htm

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  5. rockon1

rockon1 Member

My V32 gets hot but it hasnt been an issue. As long as your playing it it literally pumps air thru the top vent from the speaker. Kind of neat. Toyed with the idea of putting a fan in it but never got around to it. Had mine for over 2 years(gets played about 2-3 hours a week) no problems. Put a Tonespotter back in mine. Bob

6. Sparky6string

Sparky6string Member

Because of the wattage I would use an Eminence GB12. Best speaker I've ever had.

7. wallinbb

wallinbb Member

I have a Hellatone 30 in my V32, and like it. But I'm wondering, has anyone tried a Weber ceramic Blue Dog?

8. prsnstrat

prsnstrat Member

I think the GB12 would be great. Blue dog, in my opinion works well with anything.

9. John Thigpen

John Thigpen Member

I had a Ceramic Blue Dog in a V3112, and it sounded great. I always wanted to try an alnico Blue Dog, though.

John