Palomino V32 soundclip

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by bluescube, Dec 21, 2007.

1. bluescube

bluescube Member

2. sws1

sws1 Member

The best sound on the amp is simply playing the clean channel REALLY loud. Gets very thick and has great on the edge sound.

3. bluescube

bluescube Member

The overdrive channel sounds great for bedroom levels which I am at most of the time.

The clean channel starts to bark around 9:00.

4. the_Chris

the_Chris It's All Been Done Before Supporting Member

The V32 really is the sweetest amp I've ever heard for the money. When you get her dialed in right, you just kinda sit back and wonder how they could make it rock so much and keep the price so low. I hear streams by a lot of boutique builders on Vox-ish type stuff and after playing my V32 I don't really have a big desire to run out and get something else. That Class A chimey thing is just there in spades and the overdrive channel rocks for such a small amp so there's no need for messing with a lot of overdrives.

5. Scott Auld

Scott Auld Staff Member

6. sliberty

sliberty Member

My son has an older Crate -- the Vintage Club 50 with a single 15" speaker, and the same thing is true with that amp. Crank the clean channel, and the amp is just wonderful - almost HiWatt-like in its clean-ish punch. I am not a fan of the dirty channel on very many amps these days, although the clips here of the V32 sound pretty good.

7. Scott Auld

Scott Auld Staff Member

I don't ever use the dirty channel on my V32, just the clean channel, although I do keep the boost on all the time.

8. soulohio

soulohio Member

interesting....my V16 has more hair on tap.

9. VTX-XTC

VTX-XTC Member

Ditto on what others have said about the V32. For the money, there isn't anything that can touch it, including some of the popular mainstays like the Classic 30 and Hot Rod Deluxe. It will simply blow them away.

I own a guitar and amp repair shop and have been an authorized Crate repair guy for 16 years. I have never been a fan of Crate amps.....until the Palomino V32 (and it's twin sibling...the V30) came along. These things are truly amazing....especially, considering that you can buy one new for less than $500.

10. boogieman75

boogieman75 Member

I just picked up a cover band gig...mostly every weekend. I have a US blues junior but it needs some work. The next amp I use is a mesa heartbreaker (backbreaker) 2x12 combo. I have been looking at the Peavey Classic series and The Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. I am looking for an 1x12 that can do blues and classic rock. Is the v32 too loud for small/medium sized clubs? Or would the v16 suffice.

Does their need to be any speaker or tube upgrades?

I have a scumback m75 25 watter that I would love to use in the 1x12

Thanks!

11. bluescube

bluescube Member

Go for the V32. Two channels. I paid $475 at GC for a new one.

12. tommytunes

tommytunes Member

I've got one of these V32 Palominos available. If anyones's interested send me a PM. It's a great little amp but I upgraded to a Fuchs now.

13. Scott Auld

Scott Auld Staff Member

Awesome

14. boogieman75

boogieman75 Member

any speaker recommendations? It's looking like I may go for the v16 if I plan on using the greenie or (bluie) scumback 25 watter. I am thinking the v32 may be too much for that speak. I have some vintage 30's and Classic 80's laying around i could use.

15. Soothsayer

Soothsayer (Paul) Supporting Member

I have been thinking about this amp for awhile, may have to pick one up! Those clips are great!

16. bluescube

bluescube Member

Mine has a Celestion 70/80 stock I believe.

17. soulohio

soulohio Member

I have a Celestion Blue in my V16. Great speaker but you may lose a bit of high end-definition. Mine needs more break-in. That is a great speaker.

18. rockon1

rockon1 Member

+1 Thats what Ive been saying since I picked up my V32 last year. I owned both the Classic 30 and the HRD and neither could touch this amp. Better cleans and dirt! Add to it the fact I bought mine on sale NIB at GC for 399$ just made it sweeter! I dont think they are making them here anymore though. Bob

19. Scott Auld

Scott Auld Staff Member

My understanding from the lady on the phone at Crate (or their new ownershp) is that they are not making them anymore, only what is out there is all there will be.

20. Marcello

Marcello Member

Me thinks the demo from indyguitarist sounds like a solid state OD, harsh and buzzy. But I know the amp is good cuz I've heard nice demos on youtube.