1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Palomino v32h or tiny terror?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by DylanGuitar, Jan 27, 2008.

1. DylanGuitar

DylanGuitar Member

Hey all. I'm looking for an inexpensive head with good tone. There are no local dealers that have the tiny terror in stock, so I was wondering if any here have tried that and the Palomino v32h can offer some advice. I'm not into metal tones, but just really nice OD and cleans.

What I'm running: Strat with Jb jr, into pedalboard (lovepedal eternity is my main go too for od) out of whatever head into an egnater 2x12 cab.
    Anyone know how these 2 amps respond to the eternity?

The V32h is so friggin cheap and I think it sounds good, so it's hard for me to think it's a bad, buy, I'm just wondering if there are any who've played both who think that the TT is that much better.

Thanks!

2. Buckeyedog

Buckeyedog Supporting Member

If you can wait a month or two, check out the Egnater Rebel.....I think it'll run around $499.

3. MisterAgreeable

MisterAgreeable Member

I liked the V32 much better than the tiny terror. I kinda assumed the Crate would be iffy and the Orange would live up to the hype, and found exactly the opposite.

Didn't plug an eternity into either, sorry.

4. Plague Dog

Plague Dog Member

The V32 is a versatile amp that can do a lot of different tones, the Tiny Terror is a one trick pony, but it sounds good at what it does...

If I were looking for an inexpensive amp to gig with I would definitely get the Crate.

5. dk123123dk

dk123123dk Member

Ceriatone Tweed Deluxe 5e3. or bump it up a few bucks and get an 18 watter or jtm45 or express. Depending on your needed wattage. Hand wired stuff of high quality. Had for pretty cheap. Esp if you can build yourself a cab or use that old amp you have lying around and rob the cab. Good luck.

dk

6. bluescube

bluescube Supporting Member

I have the V32 combo and love the od tones. Get one and don't worry about it not being a "boutique" name. Listen to the tones.

7. rockon1

rockon1 Member

Thought I'd chime in. Just got thru thrashing my V32. What an amazing sounding amp! Ive got a Tonespotter and old stock tubes in mine. With the gain at around 10-11 oclock and the master dimed the thing goes from killer fat sounding metal crunch to almost totally clean with the guitar volume knob. I A/B/C'd a few of my amps and just smiled as I cranked the V32 up. It totally sounded as good as some of my amps I paid 2 and 3 times as much for! The down side? -well its obviously not as well built as those other amps but for 399$ ,well,there is no downside!
    :BEERBob

8. DylanGuitar

DylanGuitar Member

So I'm off to GC tomorrow to grab the head. Thanks for the input. I'll report back and let you know how it goes.

Dylan