pandemic guitar acquisitions thread(pandemic =dream guitars)

strattone75

Gold Supporting Member
2020 adoptions.
def2a89e7c2208ba39c6e5f4ff6f6113b1330a25.jpg

2427eaec5ee558e4bbad7cf06b18784c965fee48.jpg

5e19b317c11ad3b2d12c31738612e95e4a7dbb2f.jpg

8fba520d65e020b8a8b77d3561e5eeea5c8b296f.jpg

aee31ef251d4ce3434e5df347da771115e70b316.jpg

...and this went through COVID mod
cd4e3fff904f90a7628f1f27716b9898ef2f4074.jpg
That PRS is ridiculous!

Robotechnology

Gold Supporting Member
NICE Hollow Body! That Vinneto doesn’t look to shabby either (never heard of them though).

Regarding the Kahler... so it’s a Steeler then... I wouldn’t be so fast to swap it out if that’s the case. They actually work well and sound good too. My Carvin has a Steeler and I don’t own any but, early Tom Anderson’s came with Steelers and they sounded great/played well too for reference. Hell, the TRS Pro wasn’t SO bad in my old PGM30 but, I did take a lot of care in it’s setup. Had I kept that PGM, I would have swapped the bridge though. If I knew the Steeler fit the route, I would have bought one and swapped it in though.

Hey those are some nice scores! Yeah I did score on some stuff. Whats crazy in the last week I have in my possession a Vinetto artifact dc60sb (which I prob will sell) and a PRS Mccarty Hollowbody. Lots of musicians in the area are purging gear because of the tourism hit from the covid pandemic.

I have a local collector also purging just cause he thinks he finally has too much ****. A lot of the vintage stuff came from him.
View attachment 288728 View attachment 288730 View attachment 288731 View attachment 288742 View attachment 288743 View attachment 288744 View attachment 288745

Down and Out in NYC

Gold Supporting Member
That archtop is badass. I was pursuing a local shop awhile back and saw an archtop a the Loar hanging on the wall. So nice. Played itself. Sounded pretty sweet. Didn’t leave with it that day but went back a couple days later because I couldn’t get it out of mind. I can’t even remember what exactly happened to that guitar lol ( mishap w the kids and dogs I think ) all I know is i don’t have it anymore. It was damaged beyond repair. I eventually bought another one that was on close out from AMS , it was a dog. Should’ve returned it , eventually gifted it to a neighbor / tenant. I’m thinking a Heritage would be on a completely different level of amazing compared to the Loar.

dreamingaxe

Well, I did get one of top dream guitars, and my very first Gibson.

50383547247_f4b1930d9d_k.jpg

50382665823_c67734f59e_k.jpg

this is a game changer though. I’m purging guitars and will only try and aim for the best of the best that I can afford and justify to buy no matter how long it takes for me to get it. I dont care if this might be the only guitar in a long while, but if my second purchase is a nice high quality one, I dont mind waiting

strattone75

Gold Supporting Member
NICE Hollow Body! That Vinneto doesn’t look to shabby either (never heard of them though).

Regarding the Kahler... so it’s a Steeler then... I wouldn’t be so fast to swap it out if that’s the case. They actually work well and sound good too. My Carvin has a Steeler and I don’t own any but, early Tom Anderson’s came with Steelers and they sounded great/played well too for reference. Hell, the TRS Pro wasn’t SO bad in my old PGM30 but, I did take a lot of care in it’s setup. Had I kept that PGM, I would have swapped the bridge though. If I knew the Steeler fit the route, I would have bought one and swapped it in though.
The only thing I dont like about this particular trem is that I can only dive, no pulling up on the bar. It is a noce trem that stays in tune well!

strattone75

Gold Supporting Member
Well, I did get one of top dream guitars, and my very first Gibson.

50383547247_f4b1930d9d_k.jpg

50382665823_c67734f59e_k.jpg

this is a game changer though. I’m purging guitars and will only try and aim for the best of the best that I can afford and justify to buy no matter how long it takes for me to get it. I dont care if this might be the only guitar in a long while, but if my second purchase is a nice high quality one, I dont mind waiting
Wow! Thats sweet dude

3waytie4last

Mumbler
Platinum Supporting Member
Chronologically...

YbvrvP2.jpg

9sCYKBl.jpg

8hyFzLO.jpg

f5PK8vf.jpg

BCDfegW.jpg

JCa17hN.jpg

I don't know about "dream" guitars, but some bases have been definitely been covered. :rolleyes:

Oh, and I pre-ordered one of these...

glXbqx6.jpg

strattone75

Gold Supporting Member
got this beautiful Reverend Club King 290 last week for a good 2nd hand price ... lowest price of any of my four electrics, still somehow a dream guitar, I’ve been lusting for one for quite some time, and it was sold out everywhere. Glad I found this one now:

Sweet I got a gold one at the music shop I work at. Those are fantastic and like you said, a great deal!

your name here

Gold Supporting Member
I’ve bought several amps and guitars too, but this is the latest. It arrives tomorrow. FCS Ltd. Double Esquire Thinline.

:love: :drool

Roasted Pine Body
“‘50/‘51 Blackguard” pickups…

It’s gonna be sweet. I’ve been wanting something in Blue Flower for a long time. :banana

e4zkKaE.jpg

u4tKtra.jpg

Trending Topics

Top Bottom