Panther Cub v1.5 issue?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jmocubes, May 6, 2016.

1. jmocubes

jmocubes Member

Hey all

I just got the updated version of the Panther Cub and I wanted to see if anyone else is having the same experience as me or can see why this might be happening.

For those not aware of the update: https://www.jhspedals.com/products/guitar-pedals/panther-cub-delay/

Basically I'm not getting anywhere close to 'near infinite' feedback on the normal mode (about 5 seconds and thats including repeats that are barely audible), and wether I'm using it in the normal or 'roar' mode if I engage my compressor the feedback seems to get cut short by close to half.

I don't want to make this a JHS bashing thread, I love JHS stuff, but this is a little frustrating as the whole reason I went with this pedal was because of the reported improvements, but the way they read vs what I'm experiencing is VERY different. The roar mode definitely has tons more feedback but is tonally brighter and is so sensitive that it can self oscilate at 12o'clock (unless I put my compressor on and I get about 5 repeats and they die out).

From the description I'd assume the normal mode has the feedback enhancement while the roar mode has increased sensitivity. The only response from JHS I've had is that I should use the roar mode to get more feedback which doesn't really help. If the update affects the roar mode only, it doesn't read that way to me?

Any thoughts, experience or suggestions would be great. Trying to decide if I should send it back and try the Bellwether v1.5 instead, which I was originally keen on till I heard the Panther Cub and heard about the update which (apparently) addressed all my concerns. Like I said, love JHS and I'm not bashing them, but not sure if this is right or not.

No daisy chaining going on either by the way, using a PP2+.

2. jmocubes

jmocubes Member

3. coltonius

coltonius Señor Member Silver Supporting Member

4. timjcap

timjcap Supporting Member

Are you able to try it with any other compressors? What compressor do you currently have?

5. jmocubes

jmocubes Member

Godd idea actually, I've got a Walrus Deep Six but I could try it with my old route 66. I'll report back when I've tried it

6. timjcap

timjcap Supporting Member

Bummer that you have to switch out the Deep Six but hopefully you'll get different results with your other comp. Also, maybe switching the placement of the cub in your existing chain may help.

7. jhspedals.com

jhspedals.com Gold Supporting Member

Hey man, did you buy it new?

8. jmocubes

jmocubes Member

Hey, yeah I bought it new from Signal Chain in Australia

9. jhspedals.com

jhspedals.com Gold Supporting Member

Can you record a clip?

10. jmocubes

jmocubes Member

Currently no, my gear isn't with me at the moment. What should the feedback be like on the normal mode?

11. howlback

howlback Member

Did this get resolved?