Parts Strat Headstock Decal

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by mcknigs, Sep 14, 2008.

1. mcknigs

mcknigs Supporting Member

I rescued this guitar from the dumpster of a flooded music store. I replaced the neck (w/ a Mighty Mite) because the original one was trashed by being submerged. I finally got around to buying some inkjet waterslide decals. It took me about 8 tries because the decals kept curling up when I worked on them. This one is down more or less flat. You can't tell from the pic but there's a "gold" (greenish yellow) border around the "Dumpster." I still need to spray some clear poly over it.

[​IMG]

-Scott

2. russiancrowe

russiancrowe Member

Where can you buy those inkjet waterslide decals?

3. chris77

chris77 Member

not sure that this is what you are asking but you can find waterslide kits at your local hobby/craft store. We have a store called HobbyLobby that sells the paper.

4. OminousPoultry

OminousPoultry Member

there are a few guys making them - I think the difficult bit is finding a printer that will handle the metallic gold - try ebay or on here...

[​IMG]

5. openbar

openbar Silver Supporting Member

OK, that's pretty great! lol

6. mcknigs

mcknigs Supporting Member

I called my local hobby places - Michaels and a place that's not a chain, and neither of them sold the decals. I ended up getting some off Amazon. If you do a Google search for waterslide decals you'll find several online vendors. Be sure to get clear and not white.

One of the reasons I held off getting them as along as I did was that the online places seem to want $15 for the package and another $15 for shipping. It wasn't worth $30 to me for the one decal I wanted. I ended up using a fair amount of the package I bought (which was smaller, cheaper and had cheaper shipping) because it took me so many tries to get it right.

-Scott

7. franksguitar

franksguitar Member

I got fender decals at a vintage show.

8. Go Cat Go!!

Go Cat Go!! Member

I think the ones shown here. They made me smile and let me know it's was assembled by the owner. I forgot who had the one that said - Made in my shed. That man was pure genius.

9. dognmoon

dognmoon Supporting Member

you can also look at small bear electronics online because alot of DIY stompbox guys use the same kind of waterslides to decorate or label pedals.