Partscaster #2 is well under way.

pinkphiloyd

Mark Jenny did both the body and the neck on this one, though I supplied the neck myself. The only complaint I have is I wish I would've had him go a little harder/heavier on the headstock. It's hard to tell because of the way these photos are taken, but the headstock is actually a pale yellow, and I feel like it looks very new in comparison to the body. If you get up close you can definitely see the aging, but at a glance it looks like a new neck on an ancient and abused body. Shielding paint and 5 way switch should be here saturday and I'll finish it up. For some reason, I thought the wiring kit I ordered from RS had a switch, but it didn't.

TheFife

I don't know man. The back looks ok, but the wear on the front just doesn't look natural at all. I've never seen any guitar with wear that resembled what you've got going on above the pickguard there. I don't have a clue what the guy who did this was thinking. I guess if the owner of this guitar always wore long sleeve shirts made of sand paper you might get something that looks like that. But when was the last time you saw someone wear a shirt made out of sand paper?

Brad

otterhound

I don't know man. The back looks ok, but the wear on the front just doesn't look natural at all. I've never seen any guitar with wear that resembled what you've got going on above the pickguard there. I don't have a clue what the guy who did this was thinking. I guess if the owner of this guitar always wore long sleeve shirts made of sand paper you might get something that looks like that. But when was the last time you saw someone wear a shirt made out of sand paper?

Brad
My thoughts exactly concerning the wear "pattern" on the front . Looks totally out of whack .

mannish

I am not a fan of the 'I have a very, very bad skin rash on my forearm' effect but it's not my guitar. The back looks good if that's what you like.
I personally don't like the back of a neck to be done that way

That conducive paint is some messy stuff. I always use it and works great but I get that crap everywhere

COOL for you - What kind of pickups...?

looks very similar to one I did except I consider mine distressed not relic'd

whaiyun

I dig the back. not so much the front. even though my MJT looks similar... on the front haha

TresGatos

Mark's work is usually cool but this one looks like he copied a Fender Heavy Relic (tm) rather than an actual old guitar.
Fender Heavy Relics and Ultimate Relics are "fantasy" guitars wherein they are not based on real wear.
Not bad work but a poorly selected "pattern"

tapeworm

i find it is better to tell them to go heavy on the headstock checking than light. with that type of checking you almost have to give it a bit more, whereas the body you can do a little, then add if needed. still looks good to me though. hope you enjoy it! MJT does a great job!

Trending Topics