• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Partscaster question...

Nuclearfishin

Silver Supporting Member
For all you guys that have built partscaster guitars, is there a quality difference between Warmoth, Mighty Mite, and USACG necks? There's a big difference in the price of these necks on E-bay, but they all have virtually the same specs, shape, parts, wood, etc. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

-analog-

dont forget that ol' saying-You get what you pay for, Warmoth is probably the best or near best quality neck/body supplier one could hope for, the quality is top notch from finish to millwork. All parts necks & bodies are great I just finished a project with an Allparts nitro CBS maple maple strat neck and an older Nitro strat body-

as for mighty mite-well I'm not going to slam them but there not in the same quality range as Warmoth,Allparts,USACG in anyway..
$99 for a finished body... when the competition is $300+500+? it just doesnt add up..

as for ebay, BEWARE, caveat emptor, read, investigate!!

There is a Ton of SH!T guitar parts on ebay,cheap knock off parts that arent fender spec:barf, you could pickup a bridge off ebay with claims its matched to Fender spec, go drop it into a fender guitar and the dimensions are all off, not so fender anymore..:huh

But ebay does have some good sellers, Few pickup sellers like guitar fetish, they're parts are decent, good prices & quality.. Wildberry skittles is good too. Lots of resellers just listing 120 auctions a week of dimarzios, those kinda sellers are ok..

just watch out for stuff without a name brand associated- and check out feedbacks! be really careful with chinese wholesalers theres about 10-20 on ebay at the moment, a few are ok, quick shipping, reasonable pricing, theres a few that make you wait 4 weeks to get a knock off brushed aluminum fender jaguard pickguard thats listed as "Fits American Fender Jaguar" , get the pickguard after a month and it doesnt fit and they ignore your emails and change their ebay alias.. not exactly the eden they advertise..

Over the last year or so I learned my lesson with parts, so hopefully you can Zig instead of zagging like I did

:munch

gkoelling

Of the 8 partscasters I've built, 5 have All Parts necks. The other three are WD, Hefner and Musikraft.

All Parts is lower priced and a great value but doesn't have as many options as USACG, Warmoth, Musikraft, etc.

I would imagine that the more expensive companies you mentioned use higher quality raw materials and tighter quality control tolerances.

EDIT: I mean higher quality than MM. I've had zero issues with AP and feel some of the higher price you're paying elsewhere is due to their increased overhead.

Last edited:

ReddRanger

Of the 8 partscasters I've built, 5 have All Parts necks. The other three are WD, Hefner and Musikraft.

All Parts is lower priced and a great value but doesn't have as many options as USACG, Warmoth, Musikraft, etc.

I would imagine that the more expensive companies you mentioned use higher quality raw materials and tighter quality control tolerances.
I have two strats with AllParts necks (on Warmoth bodies). I really like the AllParts necks I have, and so has anyone who has played one of my strats.

pfflam

I've made Warmoth and USACG - I like Warmoth - they add a decent nut for minimal cost. USACG: everybody touts the helpfulness of 'Tommy', but my phone experience with them was not stellar . . . not bad. but certainly not very helpful either - and they are not licensed so their necks either take sanding or just living with the difference in head stock shape - good Pau Ferro neck though - up there with Warmoth and the Frets were good right off the bat.

I just ordered a custom Musikraft - they were the only company to have options with a bullet style truss rod. So, we'll see about their quality - they were a bit more money.

from partcasters i have had or played, i'd say warmoth is the best.. i got a USCG guitar also that 's pretty happening...

Trending Topics