Partscaster question...

Nuclearfishin

Silver Supporting Member
For all you guys that have built partscaster guitars, is there a quality difference between Warmoth, Mighty Mite, and USACG necks? There's a big difference in the price of these necks on E-bay, but they all have virtually the same specs, shape, parts, wood, etc. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

-analog-

dont forget that ol' saying-You get what you pay for, Warmoth is probably the best or near best quality neck/body supplier one could hope for, the quality is top notch from finish to millwork. All parts necks & bodies are great I just finished a project with an Allparts nitro CBS maple maple strat neck and an older Nitro strat body-

as for mighty mite-well I'm not going to slam them but there not in the same quality range as Warmoth,Allparts,USACG in anyway..
$99 for a finished body... when the competition is $300+500+? it just doesnt add up..

as for ebay, BEWARE, caveat emptor, read, investigate!!

There is a Ton of **** guitar parts on ebay,cheap knock off parts that arent fender spec:barf, you could pickup a bridge off ebay with claims its matched to Fender spec, go drop it into a fender guitar and the dimensions are all off, not so fender anymore..:huh

But ebay does have some good sellers, Few pickup sellers like guitar fetish, they're parts are decent, good prices & quality.. Wildberry skittles is good too. Lots of resellers just listing 120 auctions a week of dimarzios, those kinda sellers are ok..

just watch out for stuff without a name brand associated- and check out feedbacks! be really careful with chinese wholesalers theres about 10-20 on ebay at the moment, a few are ok, quick shipping, reasonable pricing, theres a few that make you wait 4 weeks to get a knock off brushed aluminum fender jaguard pickguard thats listed as "Fits American Fender Jaguar" , get the pickguard after a month and it doesnt fit and they ignore your emails and change their ebay alias.. not exactly the eden they advertise..

Over the last year or so I learned my lesson with parts, so hopefully you can Zig instead of zagging like I did

:munch

gkoelling

Of the 8 partscasters I've built, 5 have All Parts necks. The other three are WD, Hefner and Musikraft.

All Parts is lower priced and a great value but doesn't have as many options as USACG, Warmoth, Musikraft, etc.

I would imagine that the more expensive companies you mentioned use higher quality raw materials and tighter quality control tolerances.

EDIT: I mean higher quality than MM. I've had zero issues with AP and feel some of the higher price you're paying elsewhere is due to their increased overhead.

Last edited:

ReddRanger

Of the 8 partscasters I've built, 5 have All Parts necks. The other three are WD, Hefner and Musikraft.

All Parts is lower priced and a great value but doesn't have as many options as USACG, Warmoth, Musikraft, etc.

I would imagine that the more expensive companies you mentioned use higher quality raw materials and tighter quality control tolerances.
I have two strats with AllParts necks (on Warmoth bodies). I really like the AllParts necks I have, and so has anyone who has played one of my strats.

pfflam

I've made Warmoth and USACG - I like Warmoth - they add a decent nut for minimal cost. USACG: everybody touts the helpfulness of 'Tommy', but my phone experience with them was not stellar . . . not bad. but certainly not very helpful either - and they are not licensed so their necks either take sanding or just living with the difference in head stock shape - good Pau Ferro neck though - up there with Warmoth and the Frets were good right off the bat.

I just ordered a custom Musikraft - they were the only company to have options with a bullet style truss rod. So, we'll see about their quality - they were a bit more money.

from partcasters i have had or played, i'd say warmoth is the best.. i got a USCG guitar also that 's pretty happening...

Top Bottom