• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

PartsCaster Weight Loss Surgery !!!!

02Singlecut

Zilmo let me borrow a beat up 2Tek equipted Black Strat a few months ago.I took it to a gig and thought, well I'll use it on a couple tunes.Got to the gig and after I had my rig set up I decided to give the 2TekCaster a whirl. The cleans were amazing.....whatever these EMG pickups were they sounded great. They went from a glassy shimer to a really convincing acoustic tone with the twist of a knob.I had no idea what the pickups were other than they were amazing sounding. I switched over to the dirty channel to see what things would sound like with a little bit of grit. Expecting to hear a bunch of 60 cycle hum because of the gain and neon light....Nope. Again I was stunned.....This guitar just sung. The sustain was jaw dropping for a Strat and those #2 and #4 positions of the 5way were as good as I had heard. Bar chords and cowboy chords had note seperation even under a ton of gain and effects. I didn't want to stop noodling, but I was getting the "That's enough" from our bass player.Standbye swith engaged.

I spent the next 45 mins. going back and fourth..."Should I ? or Shouldn't I ?" I had my trusty PRS sitting in the other stand all tuned up and ready. What the hell....you only live once, if it or I sucked my PRS was sitting there ready.9:00pm...it's 1..2..3..4.....we start and I hear the 1st note....instant PERMAGRIN!!! The night goes on and I'm more impressed as the sets fly by.The guitar I was only going to use on a couple of tunes just kept getting better and better. My PRS got really lonely that night.......I did use it for "a couple of tunes" It was a really good night!

The next day or so I repeated the above story to Z....He replied..." I think we need to build you one" Well fast forward a couple months....the planets all move into the right orbit, and we did. Well......Z and guitar tech extrordinare Jeff did while Lance and I watched the surgery be performed. Just like the other one....IT'S UN-F'n Believable!!!!!!!! The 2Tek's "THE SH*T"

TY.......Mike!!! I'm going to play the SH*T out of it!!!

Pre-op.....

Zilmo.......performing the surgery!

Post-op....recovery

All finished and 2Tek installed!!!!

02Singlecut

Not only does Zilmo route the guitars, he also builds the 2Tek's one by one by hand.Right now they are offered on Ron Thorn's new line of guitars that he just announced.I'm truely lucky to have Mike as a friend! :BEER

John Thigpen

Silver Supporting Member
Fascinating...I've been comparing bridges from my parts strat, and I'm not very familiar with this one. Since they don't seem to have a website, it's hard to find information on them. They're made of brass, so I'm not sure how they reduce weight...they look pretty heavy to me. Are these tremolos?

John

02Singlecut

Fascinating...I've been comparing bridges from my parts strat, and I'm not very familiar with this one. Since they don't seem to have a website, it's hard to find information on them. They're made of brass, so I'm not sure how they reduce weight...they look pretty heavy to me. Are these tremolos?

John
They weigh 14 ounces.The reference to weight loss is due to the routing out of the guitar body for the bridge. They're not trems, but I seldom use one. The difference is night and day. There's a whole section dedicated to the 2Tek on the Vintage Rocker forum. Here's a link.

http://www.vintagerocker.com/forum/forumdisplay.html?f=31

dazco

That sounds exactly like the way i became a RI strat guy. I bought a MIJ RI many years ago and brought it to a gig but was afraid to pick it up, Finally at the 2nd set i put down my main modern strat and tried it and as i played the opening riff my bass played said to me ON MIC, "man, that sounds fat! !". And he NEVER commented on my tone in the past. I never put it down after that and it was my #1 for years. I've changed strats, but always a rosewood RI tho now alder instead of basswood. but i know that feeling and i too had a perma grin all nite that nite.

Polynitro

Not for nothin' but Fred Stuart swears that when routing a Tele out for a B-Bender the tone improves, "opens up" as he says.

Trending Topics