Partsocasters...you know you got 'em, show 'em

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by klatuu, Jan 14, 2007.

1. bek

bek Member

The mighty Lindert Skyliner. Bought the neck, body and pickguards (three different ones; he was very generous) from Chuck Lindert, himself, and got the rest from various places and people online. Schaller bridge, Wilkinson EZ Lok tuners, neckplate and pad from Stew-Mac. Right now I'm using a VZ Blues in the neck, a VZ Rock in the bridge, an FAS in the middle, with a Deaf-Eddie Fat-O-Caster switch as well as the CTS standard 5-way. I have a couple Epi humbuckers in another pickguard with a Deaf-Eddie Five-Way for Telecasters switch in it ( neck, both in-series, both in-series/out of phase, both in-parallel, bridge). I'm planning to get a pair of hb-sized P90s from Vintage Vibe, or maybe just cutting the last (blank) pickguard for the regular P90 holes. It's a little heavy, and it's annoying to have to remove the neck to adjust the truss rod, but I'm not selling. It's semihollow. Fabulous, "Escape Velocity" asymmetric neck, and the body is made from "Toneyte," something similar to Masonite. It's a tone monster. Cost about $400 and another $75 or so for my tech to get everything adjusted better than I could. Got lucky on the cost, but I got all the pickups used from other players.[​IMG]

2. elchato

elchato Member

I think I'm gonna make a part-o-tele, I might start with an NRJ body... great finishes

3. Burgess

Burgess Member

This is a MIM FMT Strat. Lotsa mods on this one. Gutted, paint shielded, refoiled the pickguard, TexMex pups, Musitech 25dB midboost, MIA string tree, MIA Tele brass saddles, TBX mastertone, Dual concentric pot (midboost control) blocked trem... I think that's about it...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. mikeo2

mikeo2 Member

5. Zero

Zero Member

[​IMG]

Body was a Westone bass(free). Neck is a Series 10 by Bentley neck ($10). I slapped on an old Rockinger trem, routed the cavities myself. Cut the pickguard. Added a fretboard extension for 2 more frets. Made the horn cutaways deeper. Cut a funky shape into the headstock. Ibanez V7 and volume. Refretted it myself with 6100 frets. Stew Mac locking nut. I use it as a back-up guitar at gigs.

6. J Purcell

J Purcell Member

MIJ blue floral Tele body with a Warmouth birdseye boatneck.
    Earvana nut and jumbo frets.
    Glendale knobs, saddles and bridge plate.
    RS Guitarworks premium upgrade kit.
    I've since installed a pair of original Joe Barden pickups also.

It's a "Twangmaster"

[​IMG]

7. AshyLarry

AshyLarry Member

^ That looks great!

This thread makes me sad knowing I have a body and bridge sitting in my room waiting for the rest, but I'm out of cash to order the remaining pieces....

8. clothwiring

clothwiring Member

Credit card! lol

9. AshyLarry

AshyLarry Member

Haha I wish, I had to buy wheels/tires for the summer! bye bye $2400!!!

I'll get it done eventually, even if I have to sell random things from around the house!

10. jgraham

jgraham Member

Early 80s Kramer Pacer body & OFR from same donor. Warmoth Neck. SD59 that Chiba laid on me one day. PRS knob. Vintage 1984 quarter. Krylon paint. Under $350 in parts/materials. The inspiration should be obvious...

[​IMG]

11. guitarmook

guitarmook Member

Bigsby 51 - allparts neck, lawrence 250 pickups...
    [​IMG]

Baritone strat - squier body, rio grande pickups, warmoth baritone neck...
    [​IMG]

and the inimitible Goldtop Flying Telecaster. Alvarez goldtop 'tele' body, custom-built flying v neck (Fender scale), rio grande and duncan pickups, pinstriping at the local custom cycle shop...
    [​IMG]

My autograph tele. My first ever strat was off-white and I but a tortise guard onnit, won it in a radio giveaway, and had it autographed backstage by Robert Cray. Subsequently changed the neck and pickups, and had Buddy Guy, Albert Collins, and Dave Alvin autograph it as well... So I built a tele to gather some of my tele friends: Marty Stuart, Redd Volkaert, Will Ray, Junior Brown, and
    [​IMG]

12. BradKM

BradKM Member

Here's one in various incarnations:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Brooks

Brooks Member

its the 80's again!!!

[​IMG]

kramer body custom painted by my buddy stike (who's w/ gadow guitars), warmoth 24.75" curly maple neck w/ ebony board & reverse CBS headstock, floyd, lace sensors. dimarzio humbucker shown, but i'm putting a dimebucker in this week. rawk!!!

14. Pete Galati

Pete Galati Member

Just finished putting this one back together. This time, it has a set of WCR Crossroads pickups.
    [​IMG]

And, I'm using a switch this time.

I'm using Strat knobs this time because I slotted the one hole to move the controls closer together, and the Strat knobs cover the slotted hole.

Pete

15. alderbody

alderbody Member

16. Jp.

Jp. Member

where did you get the decals made?

17. alderbody

alderbody Member

I made them myself.

18. Jonathan

Jonathan Member

19. jackaroo

jackaroo Member

20. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

jackaroo,

Sweet rosewood tele! I also like the hardwood flooring. Vintage homes are so cool. To have something built today of the quality that was common back then would cost a small fortune.