PAS (Pedal Acquisition Syndrome)..... I now understand

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by DeadCell, Mar 15, 2015.

1. DeadCell

DeadCell Member

I've had GAS on multiple occasions, but never really caught the pedal addiction.

Well, I recently bought a Red Panda Context and a Hungry Robot Moby Dick. Now I've got my eye on a Beatbuddy.

And to top it off, I'm not really feeling my EHX Soul Food as much as I previously did. Now.... I want a EQD Palisades. One reason being that it's a dual overdrive. I'd like one pedal that can act as a boost to tighten up my Dual Recto, while also being able to stand on it's own as an overdrive without having to be tweaked.

So it begins.........

2. PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus Gold Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

:)

Yup.

So if you're going down the Palisades route, you know there are like 20 other TS-style pedals you're going to need to buy/sell/trade to make sure you've got it right, right?

And, I didn't really care for the Soul Food, either.....so, I sold it and got an Archer. Just didn't bond with it, maybe I'm not a "Klon" fan, so I've gone on to other stuff. Have fun falling down the PAS rabbit hole!

3. DeadCell

DeadCell Member

I originally bough the Soul Food as a boost pedal, just because the low end on Dual Rectos are so flubby. It does the job with tightening it up, but it doesn't stand alone very well.

A few months ago, that wouldn't have mattered because all I played was heavy stuff. But I feel like I'm maturing a bit and starting to respect overdrives and more ambient effects.

Klones are fine, but they need the capability of high gain overdrive (or high gain FOR an overdrive, not distortion). The thing that gets me about a lot of these low gain overdrives is just that, they're so subtle that they may as well not even exist (unless you're a blues player, which I'm not).

Sadly, I sold off pretty much all of the excess gear that I no longer want to buy the Moby and Context. All I have left that I could let go of is my EHX Metal Muff, which will put me nowhere close to the Palisades lol. The wife has agreed to letting me buy the Beatbuddy if I want though :)