• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Pat Metheny's tour schedule. I need to lie down..

Balok

2 months straight in the US , then 3 weeks off and 2 months solid in Europe. Anybody here ever survived this kind if schedule? I had to lie down just after reading it. I've done some spot touring and found 4 days exhausting (of course we had no roadies or room service).
5 am wake up, wait for van in lobby, drive 2 hours to airport, check in, security check, wait for flight with 150 people jammed into terminal, 6 hour flight, ass feels like plywood, land, wait, walk a mile to get luggage, wait for van pickup, drive 1 hour to venue, set up gear, deal with backline issues, soundcheck, eat some food somewhere, try to get a nap, do show, post show meetups, teardown, load up van, drive to hotel, unload van, check into hotel, haul gear to room, go to sleep. wake up, repeat.

http://www.patmetheny.com/schedule/

M

Member 995

Downloading the new album right now!

Last edited by a moderator:

snarkle

Silver Supporting Member
Pat loves to play, but I don't think he's loading his own van these days!

I'm looking forward to the Vancouver show; this is one of the best bands he's put together.

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
2 months straight in the US , then 3 weeks off and 2 months solid in Europe. Anybody here ever survived this kind if schedule? I had to lie down just after reading it. I've done some spot touring and found 4 days exhausting (of course we had no roadies or room service).
5 am wake up, wait for van in lobby, drive 2 hours to airport, check in, security check, wait for flight with 150 people jammed into terminal, 6 hour flight, ass feels like plywood, land, wait, walk a mile to get luggage, wait for van pickup, drive 1 hour to venue, set up gear, deal with backline issues, soundcheck, eat some food somewhere, try to get a nap, do show, post show meetups, teardown, load up van, drive to hotel, unload van, check into hotel, haul gear to room, go to sleep. wake up, repeat.

http://www.patmetheny.com/schedule/
That's been his life for a long time …
Pat's truly a nomad …

Balok

That's been his life for a long time …
Pat's truly a nomad …
Neal Schon and Robben Ford are two more guys who die of boredom the minute they stop moving. Amazing.
Eric Johnson, OTOH, is more of a studio guy, spends most of his time in Austin.

NotWesYet

I read an article with Pat years ago in which he said he realized he was on the road 50 weeks out of the year and spent the other two at his parents place. So he sold his house and put all his clothes in flight cases, same as his guitars. The clothes were set up for different climates/different times of the year. His manger would know what flight case to send along each tour depending where he was going.

When I saw him a few years ago he was totally wired the whole time! Like a man possessed and a man possessing great talent.!

Flyin' Brian

Silver Supporting Member
I read an article with Pat years ago in which he said he realized he was on the road 50 weeks out of the year and spent the other two at his parents place. So he sold his house and put all his clothes in flight cases, same as his guitars. The clothes were set up for different climates/different times of the year. His manger would know what flight case to send along each tour depending where he was going.

When I saw him a few years ago he was totally wired the whole time! Like a man possessed and a man possessing great talent.!

Of course that was back in the day. Now he lives on Central Park West with a wife and 3 kids....when he's home.

I'm thinking that he's not doing any grunt work of any kind while on thee road.

Route234

Frank Zappa always toured like that and Dweezil does the same thing pretty much. I have no idea how they keep their energy up for the whole tour.

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
Of course that was back in the day. Now he lives on Central Park West with a wife and 3 kids....when he's home.

I'm thinking that he's not doing any grunt work of any kind while on thee road.
Not unless he's grunting while he plays.

Since he's not mic'd we'd never know. ;)

Balok

;););)
That's a lot of flight cases for 10 B&W stripped long sleeve Tshirts, jeans, Nikes and a couple cases of hairspray.

Jon C

Silver Supporting Member
I saw the schedule the other day ... wow.

Looking forward to seeing him in March....

Top Bottom