Pat Travers (Boom Boom, Out Go The Lights live)

rwe333

I was all over that ADA Flanger back then.

In a fit of nostalgia, I add a new PBF ADA Flanger to my pedalboard. That this is still mega-cool!
I recently re-bought a reissue. This time it ain't going anywhere... I've bought and sold several, but there's nothing quite like it - plus great for musical chorus sounds.

Arf

I recently re-bought a reissue. This time it ain't going anywhere... I've bought and sold several, but there's nothing quite like it - plus great for musical chorus sounds.
Have you tried both the big AC and new small one? Wondering what's the difference. Always loved the sound of the live album. Always wondered what pedal that was. Thinking of getting the small one. Anyone know about noise or volume drop?

ned7flat5

This could be heresy for some but I really like his ass-kicking version of Statesboro Blues.

Saw him (with Thrall, Cowling, and Aldridge) in 1979 opening for REO Speedwagon at the Miami Jai-Alai Fronton. Both bands were riding some hits at that time but Traver's band just destroyed...

Banditt

Yep. Written and recorded by Little Walter in 1957 :)

Yeah...a dude Can't really sing that anymore. But I've played that song with a female singer and when she sings those lyrics the women in the audeience go nuts! Go figure.

fusionbear

exquirentibus veritatem
Gold Supporting Member
Working from home today, listening to a Pat Travers mix on you tube. Just a blazing rocking full package. I saw him several times in the 80's. I want to see him again if possible if he comes down to So. Cal again....

Bob Maximus

Silver Supporting Member
I've been revisiting Pat's music the most of anything I have been listening to the past year. The guitarist he had for a number of years, Kirk McKim, is killer. No one writes tunes like 70s era Pat. In my Top 5 of all musicians. This is a tight band.

never knew him to play non- 4/4. That is very cool 7/4.

DustyRhodesJr

Supporting Member
Same here. Loved Jerry Riggs. He's still playing -

The owner of a local record store I go in told me that a year or two ago a guy came in and
asked did they have any old Riggs records.

They said they had a few miscellaneous bins and he was welcome to check, but why was he
looking for Riggs records?

"Because I am Riggs" was the answer they got. :D

Hamer95USA

Yeah...a dude Can't really sing that anymore. But I've played that song with a female singer and when she sings those lyrics the women in the audeience go nuts! Go figure.
Lyrics can be changed to be either PC or more audience friendly. I had a friend who was Christian perform rock cover songs at church and changed the lyrics to be more acceptable in a praise/worship situation.

Guitar George

gennation

I was pretty much done with Travers before the 70s ended. I still listen to the Putting it Straight LP these days.

Trending Topics