Patch bay for board?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 10strings, Feb 9, 2012.

1. 10strings

10strings Member

1. I have a direct board as my main board.
    2. When I am not going direct I want to utilize my amps effects loop.
    3. I have to tai my board apart to do so and rewire.
    4. I hate rewiring a board

So is there a way I can keep my board plugged up and just run cables to my board to get the sends and returns for the effects loop? I want to keep it simple. And then all I have to do is unplug the chords and I am back at my direct board. Make sense?

Thanks!

2. Whiskey N Beans

Whiskey N Beans Supporting Member

Yep. Loop-master patch bay. 4 in/4out will get you amp-guitar and fx send-return permanently mounted, or velcroed, to the board.

3. telepunk

telepunk Member

This is definitely possible, but I think we need more info. If you are going direct I am assuming you have some sort of sans amp/ethos/etc type modeler at the end of your chain. And, then you want to run the effects before it in your amp fx loop otherwise?

All you would need is an A/B box at the end of your chain before the modeling direct out that would redirect the signal to your fx loop return. The you would plug the send into your pedalboard input.

If you want to separate dirt and mod on your board, you would need a patch bay that let you route the dirt either through or around your mod loop depending on the application. This is possible though. I would check out T1M, Analogman, or Loop Master if you don't want to build it yourself.

4. 10strings

10strings Member

I am running Diamond Comp, Octron, SDD-3kp, Sansamp, TC VDP1, the volume pedal.... Volume pedal goes to the two Ml Jr's, El Cap, Bsr, and Wet.... Then to the Radial Di.

To plug and use my amps I would go:
    ning Diamond Comp, Octron, SDD-3kp, Sansamp, TC VDP1, the volume pedal.... Out to amp... then put the two Ml Jr's, El Cap, Bsr, and Wet.... in the effects loop.

To make this work I'd have to unplug the out of the volume pedal, insert a new chord to the amp, take out the chord on the Ml Jr and go effects send on the amp, then take the out of the Wet and go to the return of the amp.
    I don't want to do all the above switching but I want to make an easier setup where I don't have to unplug anything from my main direct board. Clear? Thanks!!

5. tonyhay

tonyhay Supporting Member

6. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

Casey Hanson recently built me a pedalboard interface w/ several unique features:
    Fuzz Loop: Bypass loop for fuzz/OD before it hits the buffered signal.
    Pedalboard loop: Buffered
    FX Loop: I have my delay and reverb placed in the loop and goes into the send/return of the FX loop of my amp.
    Auto switch FX loop: If am not using the FX loop of my amp, whether there is one or I choose not to use it and send everything in front of the amp, I just don't plug instrument cables into the Send/return jacks going into the amp. It will revert the delay/reverb from the FX loop into the signal chain and in front of the amp.
    Casey integrated his buffer the "Stevia" into the interface, excellent sounding and great quality.

Casey's work is meticulous and professionally done. Check out his website: Fallout-labs.com. He is a TGP member and can also integrate his builds into rack mountable units.

7. fallout-labs

fallout-labs Member

this sounds like exactly what you are looking for:

[​IMG]

if you want to use the loop, you use the amp & fx send inputs, if you want to go direct, you just use the FX RTN

8. 10strings

10strings Member

What is this and where can I get one? What's on the other side of this unit? Looks like there are some plugs on the opposite side.

9. fallout-labs

fallout-labs Member

I'm the guy from fallout labs jnepo was talking about. Shoot me an email through WWW.fallout-labs.com

10. 10strings

10strings Member

Thanks Casey!! :) You have been a great help and it was great speaking with you this eve.