Patch cable help

jrw32

Tight Squeeze Cables on Reverb are great bang for the buck too. I've had no problems with mine on multiple boards. Check out his shop. No affiliation, just a happy customer.

tschelle668

Silver Supporting Member
I just got some 4, 5, and 6 foot Mogami 2319 pancake cables from Worlds Best Cables on Amazon and they are good. But I'm not a cable snob.

DaveKS

Yes those are good as well as the Hosa brand of same price class. The gold contacts/plating on those really means nothing. Actually unless contact point in pedal are also gold plated, reg nickel plated plugs are better in long run.

These EBS flat patch are also good and they will work on some pedals where those Mogami pancake heads won't, like some TC stereo pedals where stereo inputs are to close together.

These are the 10cm length (3.9in) , also come in, 18, 28 and 58cm lengths. You might pay a bit more for shipping though, but still worth it.

http://www.bassstringsonline.com/EBS-Flat-Patch-Cable-90-Degree-Contact--10cm_p_3030.html

They are really nice, compact cables.
10189761_800.jpg

chrisross

Yes those are good as well as the Hosa brand of same price class. The gold contacts/plating on those really means nothing. Actually unless contact point in pedal are also gold plated, reg nickel plated plugs are better in long run.

These EBS flat patch are also good and they will work on some pedals where those Mogami pancake heads won't, like some TC stereo pedals where stereo inputs are to close together.

These are the 10cm length (3.9in) , also come in, 18, 28 and 58cm lengths. You might pay a bit more for shipping though, but still worth it.

http://www.bassstringsonline.com/EBS-Flat-Patch-Cable-90-Degree-Contact--10cm_p_3030.html

10189761_800.jpg

I switched over to these and I'm really really really happy with them. Before I was using Lava ELC or Lava and Switchcraft pancakes.

The EBS have the lowest profile I've ever seen and they're extremely flexible. No noticeable loss in toanz

4b454e

Silver Supporting Member
+1 for the Hosa pancakes IME

And those EBS ones look like a good solution too - low profile and not as pancakey (I had to grind down a couple of the Hosa cakes to put two right next to each other on the same pedal)

TDNTX

10189761_800.jpg
+++ on these, Absolutely love mine.

analogsystem

Silver Supporting Member
Just came to say I've had issues with the metal pancake plug cables. The best pedalboard cables I've tried are the EBS flats. I initially bought 4 from full compass (cheapest I could find 'em in the US) and just ordered 4 more of varying sizes. They are super low profile, flexible, and work with all kinds of odd jack placements. Often, my pedals have the power jack close to the input jack and the right angles overlap in odd ways. The EBS seem to fit around the power cables well. They aren't super cheap but I think they are a better deal than the solder-less kits which I'm not a fan of. Hopefully these EBS last a long time.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom