• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Pathetic, but...

webe123

Comes from the les paul forum

The R means Reissue and the number means the last number in the year. (i.e.: R9= '59 Reissue, R0= '60 Reissue)There's no such thing as a R1, because the Gibson Les Paul didn't come out until 1952. I also think there's no such thing as a '53 Reissue or a '55 Reissue. The reissues are the R2 ('52 Reissue), R4 ('54 Reissue), R6 ('56 Reissue), R7 ('57 Reissue), R8 ('58 Reissue), R9 ('59 Reissue), and R0 ('60 Reissue).

sovtekking

Silver Supporting Member
Gear Aquisition Syndrom ....or substitute in your favorite G-word...guitar

guitarist58

Is there just one model for each year? Like all the '57s are goldtops? or is there more than one model per year? Thanks!

Jerryr

I had pretty much come to the conclusion that it had to do with the year. Thanks for the confirmation.

benjammin420

So did they actually change that much from 56, 57, 58, 59??

56 were gold tops with p-90s
57s were gold tops with humbuckers
58s introdued the flametop with humbuckers
59s had slimmer necks and bigger frets than 58
60s has slimmer necks than 59, and i think plain maple tops

i dont know any of this from personal experienc though

Trending Topics