Pathfinder 15R--any mods?

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by brewbaker, Feb 21, 2008.

1. brewbaker

brewbaker Supporting Member

Specifically to make the reverb sound better. I just got the amp and find that the reverb level has to be up quite a bit to hear the effect and then it's very metallic, poor quality. Are they all this way or do I have a bad one? How does the reverb work--and IC? a DSP embedded in the circuit? Any way to make it sound better?

2. googoobaby

googoobaby Member

I've had one of these for a few years (it was my 1st amp) and it's never seemed that way to me. It's noisy at max, but I don't need that much. It's not the ultimate reverb, but it's not bad.

3. Free

Free Member

Check this guy out - I'd ask him: http://www.harmonicshift.net/music/cambridge15/

4. RL in Fla

RL in Fla Member

You got a bad one it appears . It's solid state but the verb is actual (spring) .
    Never had mine past 5-6 max .

I've never seen a schematic on one but had mine apart to replace the vol. pot & input jack .

Cambridge is a different animal ....

5. mrface2112

mrface2112 Member

yeah, the reverb in mine is spring too, and mine sounds pretty good considering what it is. maybe replace the tank?

i actually quite like it--it gets pretty decent voxy tones for very little money. i put a weber alnico blue pup in mine as the stock speaker was a POS.

i've had mine apart as well....it's all PCB based, so i don't know how much modding is an option.

cheers,
    wade