Paul Chandler SG style guitar?

Discussion in '"Vintage" Instruments' started by julio blanco, Mar 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. julio blanco

julio blanco Member

This is my first posting as a member. I need help identifying this guitar. My late friend Mingui Perez from Miami Florida. Passed recently and left a collection of guitars, among them this SG guitar. I remember it fondly growing up in the early 70's. Can anyone help me identify this guitar. There is no serial so I am assuming it was a Paul Chandler design because his sticker is in the pickup bay. I need to Id and sell this guitar for his surviving father who is in his late 80's Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. splatt

splatt david torn / splattercell Gold Supporting Member

maybe you should post a picture?

3. julio blanco

julio blanco Member

http://s350.photobucket.com/user/julioblanco/library/?sort=3&page=1

This is my first posting as a member. I need help identifying this guitar. My late friend Mingui Perez from Miami Florida. Passed recently and left a collection of guitars, among them this SG guitar. I remember it fondly growing up in the early 70's. Can anyone help me identify this guitar. There is no serial so I am assuming it was a Paul Chandler design because his sticker is in the pickup bay. I need to Id and sell this guitar for his surviving father who is in his late 80's Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels Supporting Member

Looks like a refinished late 60s Gibson SG in a Paul Chandler case. Others can confirm the date by the style of the heel, but it also have some late 70s parts on it too.

5. HelloKittyHawk!

HelloKittyHawk! Member

It's a Paul C's/Chandler pickguard.

swa likes this.
  6. HoboMan

HoboMan Silver Supporting Member

I agree from what I could see but that link had so many pop up ads and weird little ad windows that I couldn't stay on it more than a few seconds.

7. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels Supporting Member

Thanks for clearing up the pic with Paul C's sticker.

Looks like the guitar is a late 60s (69?) Gibson SG Standard with changed parts (Pickups are late 70s), maybe tuners too. Its been refinished as well, which is why we don't see the Serial number (though in person, it might be visible).

For pricing, go to Ebay and look at completed auctions for late 60's SG Standards. If you can find a refinished one that will give you the best idea of price. If no refinished SGs are listed, assume about a 30% hit on the value due to the refinished and changed parts.