Paul Cochrane's Timmy finally in recognition...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Gordon_Gecko, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Gordon_Gecko

Gordon_Gecko Member

2. Frethog

Frethog Member

From Singapore?...I doubt it...

3. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

I actually think that guy writes on HC or MT-forum with the name Electron. I reckon it's legit. Doesn't seem to have a lot of interest though...

4. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Member

And how does it make less legit that it's from Singapore? Isnt that a bit racist?

5. Realfi

Realfi trying to re-MEMBER Silver Supporting Member

There does seem to be a lot of anti-Singapore/Indonesia/Malasia sentiment on eBay. I'm not sure why but I guess the zero-feedback and the location are the Killers for this guy.

6. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Member

Yeah, I somehow understand that ofcourse. It seems like it would be hard for me also to sell anything in eBay, since I've never done it and I'm from Finland, how trustworthy does that sound? :)

7. Realfi

Realfi trying to re-MEMBER Silver Supporting Member

In my experience very trustworthy:) !

As you know I like everyone I've ever met from Turku...of course I was massively sleep deprived after the Viking Line ferry trip and drunk for a lot of the short time I was there!

8. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

So drunk you didn't even realise your wallet was nicked and somebody urinated in your amp. HAH!

No, honestly, check out the name Electron from some other forums. I'm sure he writes somewhere. Anyway, a Timmy is such a small sales items really. Who would want to take the risk of getting caught for that?

9. K-man

K-man Member

I don't think he's being racist. Although eBay fraud is worldwide now, it seems to have started with a bunch of scammers from Singapore, thus the reputation.

10. 6789

6789 Member

I've bought a couple of music gear items from a guy in singapore without any trouble. his ebay shop is: THE FLEX-ABC STORE

11. JamesW

JamesW Member

I live in Singapore.

The only reason is for that is because alot of the non-legit users are actually from Indo, Nigeria or some common country (where deals tend to cock-up) and the seller is never at Singapore itself. So it's kind of sad to be listed when 99.999% of the sellers are honest sellers.