• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Paul Gilbert and Freddie Nelson: United States. What an amazing pop album! Queen plus Jellyfish!

kingsxman

Gold Supporting Member
I have read a lot about Paul Gilbert but never really listened to any of his stuff. So I did a search on Spotify one day while walking the dog and found this album that he did a few years ago with Freddie Nelson. Good lord....what a great pop album!!!! Its Queen meets Jellyfish meets guitar shredding (but under control shredding). I think the thing I like most about it is how you know Paul can just shred..but he doesn't. He plays what fits the song.

Here's one of my favorite tracks.

dazco

Wow, it's appropriate that guy's name is Freddy, as he sounds a lot like Freddy mercury. And yeah, thats what makes Paul so good....he plays for the song and saves the shred for when it's appropriate. I respect him big time for that. he appreciates a good pop tune like most shredders can't.

DivineTones

Cool stuff! I hadn't heard of this before. Fun to hear Paul spice up some pop music. I think I'll have to pick it up.

aynirar27

Preferred Senior Member
Platinum Supporting Member
:beer
i thought i was the only person to ever listen to that album haha. thanks for posting!

kingsxman

Gold Supporting Member
Here's the song that really gets into the Queenish/Jellyfish kind of category.

frankenstone

Gold Supporting Member
I love this album and was hoping that PG would do more with Freddie.
Paul is currently working on a new album with Freddie. They recently wrapped up the first session and plan to be back in the studio to finish the record in August.

United States is a fantastic record. They did a small tour of Japan when it came out and released a few "official bootleg" live records of some of the shows. You can find them on eBay, although they are pricey imports. Highly recommended. Here's one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paul-Gilber...865?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5420fc5601

Last edited:

kingsxman

Gold Supporting Member
This is great news Frankenstone. Thx for the info. I'll have to watch for it.

brainman

So after seeing those videos, I went and bought the album. What a great album! Paul is a master. His melodies are killer. I particularly like "I'm Free".

Trending Topics