Paul Gilbert enthusiastically joins the Kemper community (PG: "mind blowing!")

Deuterium

This just in:

https://www.facebook.com/kemperamps/posts/1290181367664850:0

"I was curious if the ‪#‎KemperProfiler‬ could really capture the sound and feel of my favorite tube amps. My first "profile" took just a few minutes to set up. When I compared the tone of my 'real' amp to the Kemper profile, I couldn't tell the difference. Mind blowing! I've been profiling my whole amp collection since then!“ - Paul Gilbert!!!

Deuterium

Perhaps we can hope that some kick-ass Paul Gilbert Kemper Profiles might one day be available.

Now, if we can only get Yngwie to join the KPA community. :aok

Reactions: jjb

Deuterium

Sadly, I've already paid a frack of a lot more than that in gear, lessons, DVD's, etc, over the years and I'm still just a shadow of PG's talent after all this time, but it's fun trying and aspiring.

Cheers
TRJB
Similar story here, except focused more around Yngwie.

Nevetheless, PG is one of the all time great guitar talents...and most importantly, a genuinely humble, decent and gentle soul. He also is one heck of a teacher of the art of electric guitar, utilizing modern media (starting with VHS, on through DVD and then into the present day internet/YouTube revolution). A can't think of a finer ambassador.

benifin

Silver Supporting Member
I say this as a long time Kemper user and a mid-time Axe user .... both of which are equally great in their own way.

I dont know if this is a paid endorsement or not ....... but as a great guitar player reference point, PG not only can play anything ..... his ear for so many different tones and styles over the years is astonishing ....... so when someone like him comes on board, its no small thing ....

I *love* U2 and their songs ..... and the Edge does produce some nice guitar sound-scapes ....... but to me at least, he has very little "guitar tone, feel and playing credibility" in gear and playing terms ..... the fact that he may use an Axe [for some things (?)] or Vox or Jesus's Dumble 001 has utterly no impact ...... I would reckon the Edge's use of an Axe would have encouraged approx. 0 poeple to buy an Axe ..... although he is probably personally responsible for a good chunk of Vox revenue in the last 20 years :)

Very different story with Metallica ... the fact that they go full-Axe for their tones is a massive testament to Fractal

For what the Kemper is and does though, having someone like PG onboard .... along with Mayer onboard with is non-stage-practice rig .... is very powefully credible for Kemper ...... its the sort of thing that makes "the glass glowing NOS tube snobs" sit up and have a look :)

U2, Edge, PG, Metallica, Mayer and other major's ....at their levels ..... these guys not only can use anything they want ..... but they have access to anything out their ..... they dont have to or need to use any particualar thing ....... all in all, great for Modelling, regardless of brand.

Ben

Deuterium

its the sort of thing that makes "the glass glowing NOS tube snobs" sit up and have a look :)

U2, Edge, PG, Metallica, Mayer and other major's ....at their levels ..... these guys not only can use anything they want ..... but they have access to anything out their ..... they dont have to or need to use any particualar thing ....... all in all, great for Modelling, regardless of brand.

Ben
Well said, Ben, particularly your closing remark.

Cheers,
John

Reactions: jjb
Nevetheless, PG is one of the all time great guitar talents...and most importantly, a genuinely humble, decent and gentle soul. He also is one heck of a teacher of the art of electric guitar, utilizing modern media (starting with VHS, on through DVD and then into the present day internet/YouTube revolution). A can't think of a finer ambassador.

Well said! Every time I watch a PG video, whether it be an interview, or instructional, I just say to myself "what an awesome guy".

Cheers
TRJB

Deuterium

How many overdrive pedals cans you have per patch? Fractal allows two at a time which isn't nearly enough. How many can the Helix have?
Can't answer for the Helix...however, since this thread is about the Kemper, I assume you would still be interested in an answer. The KPA has 4 "stompbox" slots (A,B,C,D) prior to the amp section. All four slots could be loaded with any of the built-in stompboxes. This includes the possibility of programming four different ODs, in series (or any combination thereof), if that is your desire.

hippietim

I *love* U2 and their songs ..... and the Edge does produce some nice guitar sound-scapes ....... but to me at least, he has very little "guitar tone, feel and playing credibility" in gear and playing terms ..... the fact that he may use an Axe [for some things (?)] or Vox or Jesus's Dumble 001 has utterly no impact ...... I would reckon the Edge's use of an Axe would have encouraged approx. 0 poeple to buy an Axe ..... although he is probably personally responsible for a good chunk of Vox revenue in the last 20 years :)
We definitely disagree regarding his credibility but that's fine. You are definitely wrong about Axe sales tied to the Edge - I know of several dudes that bought them specifically to cop the Edge's tones - I'm sure there's more (as well as other modelers). I reckon Brian May, Petty/Campbell, and the Beatles may have had some serious sales impact for Vox as well.

Trending Topics