Paul Gilbert - I Can Destroy.... teaser

Jimmy B

Platinum Supporting Member
Dude is a freak of nature, I have always loved his playing. The intro sounds like Painkiller straight into a MacAlpine lick, Paul's vocals are more "leave it" than "take it" (for me), yet his playing always gets my blood pumping. He has been confusing me like this for thirty years.

BMX

If you don't smile when you listen to his song Vibrato then you should stop playing guitar.

Glass Onion

Toneful truth seeker.
Platinum Supporting Member
Amazing. What the world needs is more appreciation of this music.

Best thing he's done since "Fuzz Universe" IMO. I'm not a fan of his last two albums at all.
Hopefully the rest of the album is similar to this track.

SamBooka

LOVE LOVE LOVE PG .. but I tend to veer away from the vocal tracks (cept for Vibrato). But I dont blame him.. even Jeff Beck is doing it.

Misterbulbous

I've had this album for a while. It took a while to grow on me. I like everything he has done and really liked Vibrato before this. My wife loves the song "Everybody use your ******** Turn Signal".

BTW: he has other people doing vocals and guitar work. Freddie and Tony Spinner play guitar and sing. Sadly, there is no Emi.

Misterbulbous

Is the entire album similar to the track posted above?
Some of us are still hoping for one more Racer X album...
No. The entire album is not like that. In fact, that's about the only face-melter. It's definitely not a Racer X album - and I'm also hoping for that.

It's mostly mid-tempo 70's style "safe" rock/blues.

Misterbulbous

/end career
I dunno. He's still huge in Japan. One really cool thing he's doing is releasing these albums and then doing DVD's where he shows you exactly how he's playing stuff, what types of effects, amps and the theory behind it. As you probably know he's really become dedicated to teaching and has a bunch of guitar workshops with fans and other big name guitar players. I'd like to hear him play through a nice thick rig though.

thornie

Silver Supporting Member
Yes! I love it when Paul goes all in and starts shredding Nintendo NES style licks. The intro reminded me of something you'd hear in a Contra level.

Trending Topics