• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Paul Gilbert on Page’s Heartbreaker Solo

The Captain

Page was a successful session musician. If he wanted something tidy, it would be tidy.
Everything about the production of the first 5 Zeppelin albums was very deliberate.
Personally, I love the Heartbreaker solo........it says something, matches the song perfectly even though the dynamics (and yes, I know, even the tuning is imperfect) are a study in contrast, that fits tin the light/dark dynamics aesthetic of LZ in general.
If it wasn't great art, we would not all still be talking about it.:omg:bonk

I loved the way PG spoke about it all and his breakdown. MAKing my finger itch on the trigger to buy a Marshall SV20 I've been eyeing off.

Or Pagey took three swats at it and kept the take he liked best. He’s stated that’s the way he works most of the time.

Last edited:

Gig Young

Love the One Your Width
Platinum Supporting Member
No hearing protection Paul!

Love everything he does!

Last edited:

Trending Topics