• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Paul Gilbert on Page’s Heartbreaker Solo

Nebakanezer

I remember walking into the pawn shop in my home town and a few local musicians were bashing Page’s lead playing in general and I laughed and said, “well maybe so, but I’m willing to bet that he is not in a pawn shop bashing or praising any of you because what have y’all done?!?!?!” Pissed them off, but shut them up.........
Page knows how to work a studio and could make any lead a pristine and perfect as any riff laid down, but did his thang!!! And I’ve always appreciated it because it gave me hope as I was learning guitar and realizing that I’m a better rhythm player! And helped build my confidence that only a small percentage of the audience would be judging my solos, I’m talking to you guys in the back with your arms folded.......
But Mr. Gilbert had some awesome VHS tapes in how to shred that I loved to watch too as a kid!!!!

Last edited:

Bozak

Great stuff, he's kind of re-invented himself and for the better, not only a great player but an interesting, humble, intelligent person.

And this video just shows one of the reasons why Page is so great, he can nail the solo but it lacks the mojo, too perfect, Page's sloppiness creates soul.

Last edited:
That’s pretty much my favorite clip from Paul Gilbert - I’m not usually a fan of his sound but that was fantastic!:love:

Nebakanezer

His love of the guitar and enthusiasm about making people that he will probably never meet better musicians is second to none in my opinion!!!!! He will get you on his page or jump onto yours, whatever it takes to spread the gospel and move all things guitar forward!! And humbly tell you of his early days of trying to figure it all out!!!

Last edited:

Barquentine

I remember walking into the pawn shop in my home town and a few local musicians were bashing his lead playing in general and I laughed and said, “well maybe so, but I’m willing to bet that he is not in a pawn shop bashing or praising any of you because what have y’all done?!?!?!” Pissed them off, but shut them up.........
Page knows how to work a studio and could make any lead a pristine and perfect as any riff laid down, but did his thang!!! And I’ve always appreciated it because it gave me hope as I was learning guitar and realizing that I’m a better rhythm player! And helped build my confidence that only a small percentage of the audience would be judging my solos, I’m talking to you guys in the back with your arms folded.......
But Mr. Gilbert had some awesome VHS tapes in how to shred that I loved to watch too as a kid!!!!
How good are these guys that can bash Paul Gilbert's lead playing ? They must be really special.

gijoe

Great having Paul fill me in on something that happened when he was 3 years old. Sad watching people gush over this like teenage girls.
Glad I was a teen in '69. Lived thru the era, saw Zep at MSG in '73. Nothing Paul or anybody else says means much, IMO. His comments on the clothes, etc shows he knows nothing outside of what he saw on YouTube.
You had to be there to know how hard that album (Led Zep II) hit.

Trending Topics